Steps - General Discussion | Page 3092 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Love the new mix of Deeper Shade of Blue. Wonder if all their older tracks have been re remixed for their 25th anniversary. Last year JRMX uploaded a new remix of One For Sorrow. Maybe their team didn’t go for it, that’s why he uploaded it to his own site instead.

http://www.jrmx.co.uk/download/

poshbabyyy, Tony Lamezma, MB and 2 others like this.
  2. Wish they'd stop trying to remix One For Sorrow... You can't improve on perfection.

SBK and unidan82 like this.
  3. Steve Anderson begs to differ.

Chris Lala, Mvnl, Disco Down and 3 others like this.
  4. Never add Can You Feel It.

5. Very fair point.

6. I got my Part 1 and Part 2 LPs today - Part 2 is kind of a disappointment because the pink splatter takes the form of spots, not the amazing starburst shown in the pack shot, but wow, the pink Part 1 is gorgeous. Way prettier than the pack shot led me to believe. It reminds me of my favorite colored vinyls, Shania's Up! - brightly colored so it looks like a Jolly Rancher.

IMG_3508.JPEG IMG_3509.JPEG

DoggySwami and actorandlyricist like this.
  7. SBK

SBK

That was an edit more than a remix.

Sleazesisters was the remix peak for One For Sorrow.

POPGASM and Disco Down like this.
  8. I listen to this more than the original these days

So good!

9. The Sleazesisters Anthem Edit with the slow opening into the mix form the Gold Tour is peak One For Sorrow for me.

JXCK94, POPGASM, Bookwormboy and 3 others like this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'll take Steve's mix and run. All the others suck out all of the emotion for me
    I'd definitely prefer them to go all Abbey Road on their hits to a bunch of remixes like the one in the Samsung clip

11. W2K

W2K

Steve’s version of One For Sorrow is by far the best version, let’s not joke around.

12. Most days I prefer that, and the Tony Moran mix, to the original… I’m aware this opinion could get me shot.

13. Steve’s mix is the absolute ultimate version. I don’t think that ending will ever not give me goosebumps.

14. Indeed, who knew you could get even more peak Claire vocals than the original? I thought that belting ad lib in the last chorus in the original was an achievement but Steve just brought it to another level with that ending.

poploz, actorandlyricist and W2K like this.
  15. That ending made me cry the first time I heard it.

poploz, W2K and Mvnl like this.
  16. W2K

W2K

Me too! And the second, third and fourth time…oops!

poploz likes this.
  17. Me hearing that:
    [​IMG]

yewchapel and idratherjack like this.
  18. SBK

SBK

Still makes me cry in the right situation. Forget finding a slightest touch for the greatest hits, just (re-)release One For Sorrow (Steve Anderson Edit)

19. An album of all the studio versions of Steve Anderson's mixes would be amazing, and a perfect (and easy) fan treat for the 25th anniversary.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.