Steps - General Discussion | Page 3165 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I didn't even clock that as I had only just checked my emails so I had 3 emails ready to read.

2. “Cascarda”

3. They're advertising "Blu Hydranger" in the village!

4. As much as we all know this… with the dates being advertised on the Steps tour poster and branding which essentially suggests the dates are Steps + Support Acts, it really doesn’t do much good for their touring reputation. If refunds are given, great, but if people have to go through the process of chargebacks, I can see the average person thinking “their summer show was a scam, I’m not getting tickets for the arena tour!”

actorandlyricist likes this.
  5. Oh I know, I've discussed with a couple of people that it definitely doesn't reflect well on them - but in relation to the thing I'd quoted, they weren't the ones having to worry about their stage setup or moving to smaller venues, that was on the promoter.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  6. I do love You’ll Be Sorry. The dance could have been better though. I see Lee is not singing again. Poor guy

7. SBK

SBK

You'll Be Sorry is criminally underrated. It just came in the middle of such a great run of singles, Its The Way You Make Me Feel, Here and Now, Chain Reaction... it gets forgotten as the lesser A side.

8. I am hoping with this, and the inevitable HD release of the video, they might have some Behind The Scenes shots of the video shoot.
    I was one of a large group of fans who were there at the filming and were meant to appear in the video, but apparently they couldn't get the green screen effects to work correctly for the scenes they shot of the fans surrounding them at the end of the catwalk.
    I clearly remember chatting to Claire about how much I loved her hair that day though lol

LPT, poploz, TeamSats2012 and 4 others like this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

On some days I'd actually say it's the better A-side. Though Here And Now these days definitely feels more like a classic.

Chips111 and burntoutcar like this.
  10. I have always said if Lee had a verse in You'll Be Sorry then that track would be right up there as a fav of mine. It's a blantent thing missing on that song.

burntoutcar likes this.
  11. However as they are linked I wonder if they will treat us to 2 vids this week.
    It just makes sense for this release!

Kylemj and unidan82 like this.
  12. SBK

SBK

To me, they're both top tier Steps singles. But yeah, feels like Here and Now got the preferential treatment.

poploz, unidan82 and Hybridcookie like this.
  13. MB

MB

I was there as well! I still have the signed Buzz postcard we got as a thank you for 2 minutes work before being chucked out. I'll never forget watching the video for the first time on MTV Select and seeing I'd been cut.

14. TMI

TMI

They don’t promote the What the Future Holds Tour footage release a lot. Maybe not to interfere with the promotion of the anniversary summer tour? Or because the tour footage stuff is selling well on its own? I hope it’s the case.

15. Here And Now was absolutely the focus for the label and gobbled up most of the music video budget.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    Tony Lamezma and JMRGBY like this.
  16. They gave us Stomp dance only video, so who knows that they will surprise us with another version of You'll Be Sorry. Those fans on the set have been waiting for more than 20 years...

17. Same here - was gutted about it but thinking back, we were quite a rag tag looking group of extras. I remember there was a performance for fans to say sorry for not including us, which they booked on my birthday so I couldn’t cancel my plans.

18. SBK

SBK

When watching the You'll Be Sorry video, I can't see where the fan bit would have fit?!

Mvnl likes this.
  19. It was gutting wasn't it! Hours there, hair done, made to line up, couple of run throughs and not a sniff od a crowd in the video!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.