Steps - General Discussion | Page 3169 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. If they hired 10-15 totp dancers to mix with fans it'd have looked cool I guess.

Lost In Japan. and Mvnl like this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The whole setup looks like it's pretty impossible not to look awkward standing there.
    Also not sure if 'a bunch of dancing fans suddenly appearing' would have worked in any way.

poploz likes this.
  3. Yeah that footage looks like it was destined to end up on the cutting room floor.

unidan82 likes this.
  4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

5. At least we no longer have to hear complaints about that being cut. There was no making that footage good. Love these behind the scenes videos though, give us a Greatest Hits: My Prerogative style release, you cowards.

6. It might have looked better if the fans had been trying to emulate the routine rather than just 'party'? It was after all what they were known for. It looks as though some of them don't know what to do, but after all these years, there is justice for them.

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It wasn't exactly the easiest routine and they only learned it that day so I'm not sure that would have been much better but yeah 'just dance and have a good time' isn't really easy either. With them all being in a line it's basically like standing on an empty dancefloor. Hands in my pockets would have been my goto to

unidan82 likes this.
  8. The girl in the tweed trousers and white tshirt.. a mood

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Kinda feel for the people on the far left who've waited so long only to be cut again

(or do you think someone asked for it, that random black bar is a bit odd?)

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    MB likes this.
  10. MB

MB

I say this as one of the fans but thank goodness it was cut. It would’ve looked terrible. It’s great to have the footage now but agree it was better off left on the floor.

11. Definitely props to the person who made the call to cut the fans out, it just looks so awkward.

legacy_jr likes this.
  12. the black bar is from the lens they used for the wide shot.

JMRGBY and Mvnl like this.
  13. H rotating like he’s been put in a microwave - I’m sure they scrapped that idea very quickly!

14. That fans footage gave me a proper laugh, after the years of “what might’ve been”.

15. That’s me next to him in the cream top… wish I’d danced more but they said it was just a test shot.

Hybridcookie and Vasilios like this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

For all you know it was, I doubt after all these years whoever made this knew which shots were meant to be used

unidan82 likes this.
  17. I don't think it's for serious shoot. If it was, then You'll Be Sorry was really full of weird concepts. I'm glad with the final cut, except the CGI quality.

unidan82 and iveivan like this.
  18. How did the fans get to 'be in the video' for You'll Be Sorry? Was it a competition or something?

Whilst I think I can sort of see the angle, they were going to be going with it, I think I prefer it without the fans in the video. I imagine it was going to be case of Steps appearing on the turntable and it turned into a space club/bar/disco sort of setting, and perhaps less on the more generic space/intergalactic theme they went with?

I'm happy though that we got to see the footage of it being filmed, and that fans who were invited down finally have some footage to remember and look back on!

Oh, and if they want to do a 2022 video with all their fans, can you count me in?! What a day that'd be!

19. Steps: shoots this video with fans

Also Steps: “one day, believe me, you’ll be sorry..”

legacy_jr and Bookwormboy like this.
  20. My idea for Steps 25 CD/Vinyl release:

Standard CD / Double Vinyl
    1 Scared Of The Dark
    2 Hard 2 Forget
    3 Something In Your Eyes
    4 What The Future Holds
    5 Deeper Shade Of Blue*
    6 Tragedy*
    7 One For Sorrow*
    8 Stomp*
    9 Summer Of Love*
    10 You'll Be Sorry*
    11 It's The Way You Make Me Feel*
    12 5,6,7,8*
    13 The Slightest Touch
    14 To The Beat Of My Heart
    15 Neon Blue
    16 Dancing With A Broken Heart
    17 New Song
    18 New Song
    19 New Song
    20 Heartbreak In This City

Deluxe Edition CD 2 (quadruple vinyl??!)
    1 Love's Got A Hold On My Heart
    2 Better Best Forgotten
    3 Last Thing On My Mind
    4 After The Love Has Gone
    5 Better The Devil You Know
    6 Heartbeat
    7 When I Said Goodbye
    8 Chain Reaction
    9 Here And Now
    10 Story Of A Heart
    11 A Hundred Years Of Winter
    12 Take Me For A Ride
    13 Words Are Not Enough
    14 Say You'll Be Mine
    15 I Know Him So Well
    16 Paradise Lost*
    17 Love U More*
    18 Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
    19 Light Up The World
    20 One For Sorrow (US Mix)

*new 2022 versions

actorandlyricist, Kylemj and Mvnl like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.