Steps - General Discussion | Page 3293 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. W2K

W2K

They’re just a bit of fun, I don’t think theres any harm in them.

2. SBK

SBK

The story would be the same "Pete Waterman picked the songs and singles, we filmed a video and performed them, painted paper cups, sewage plant anecdote etc"

3. I'm actually kinda surprised HRHLSL didn't opt for 5678 as she actually had a solo line in that one.

But bless Lee. The only single that's "his" and it's thier most cheesiest!

4. Hmm could Lee’s choice possibly be because it’s like the only song he “sings” lead on?

5. Thank you!! I’m still grateful for the remasters, they’re the best the videos have ever looked. Summer Of Love is the only one with any real issues.

6. They are useless but in fairness, at least Steps are trying to give some basic content for the basic TikTok viewers to expand their audience, and basic is the order of the day when promoting a greatest hits collection. This collection is basically aimed at Tracey in ASDA who might pick it up with her shopping, not for the hardcores. Steps' interviews for any era are based around the same soundbites so it's no surprise they're not giving us anything too radical and they know the core fans will buy 57 copies regardless.

I was quite indifferent to The Platinum Collection but actually I'm looking forward to it now. It's not the Steve Anderson remix fest I hoped for but I'm happy that over the next few weeks we'll get some more social media content, some 25th anniversary tour performances, the signings, maybe a TV performance or two and lots of new physical formats to fawn over then neatly file on the shelf. It's likely they'll disappear for a couple of years after this so I'm going to cast aside any disappointment and soak up the next few weeks of Steps activity.

7. I assume once the Platinum Collection has been released, some clever, talented soul will take up the challenge of hosting a new Steps rate?

8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

So will the 'video' to this be next?

9. TMI

TMI

Is there even an official video of this song?

10. Didn't the music channels used to show one of the performances of it as the video?

I think they also used to show 'Too Busy Thinking Bout My Baby' on The Box etc too.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well the Abbamania performance. Not much of a video, but it was on Gold and The Ultimate Collection DVDs. But if they're even doing this I'm gonna assume all proper videos will get their turn

12. It was just on the Ultimate DVD

The Gold DVD had "Too Busy" as a hidden extra but not I Know Him So Well .

Mvnl likes this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh right.. those videos kinda blend into one for me

14. The same. The "singles" that were just added on due to contract reasons.
    But I Know Him So Well does get way more credit.

Mvnl likes this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Busy just felt like a b-side to me. Not sure about I Know Him So Well either but it always felt odd 2 years after it being recorded. Between that and One For Sorrow (Tony Moran Mix) being dug up the Gold era had its cheap moments too, though I guess you'd had to import the album/single (as I did) to have owned it before then?

16. Releasing a remix of one of their biggest hits was lazy as far as progression was concerned but in terms of extra promotion for Gold it was genius.

Mvnl and actorandlyricist like this.
  17. W2K

W2K

Wasn’t it due to contractual obligations that songs like Too Busy Thinking, You’ll Be Sorry, One For Sorrow (Inferior Mix) and I Know Him So Well were double A sides in the UK? Something to do with them having to have a PWL song as an A side?

18. MB

MB

I was just typing the same thing but yeah it was a contractual thing with PWL.

19. [​IMG]
    Me, as an 'S Club' kid, seeing people complain about new and upscaled content that I could only dream of.

20. MB

MB

[​IMG]
    Lovely comment on the 'I Know Him So Well' YouTube upload.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.