Steps - General Discussion | Page 3409 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It remains such an odd video for the song and with no miming whatsoever I still think it was meant for Only In My Dreams.

I don't think I noticed that hand grabbing Claire before!

poploz likes this.
  2. That was better than I remembered

Starfury and actorandlyricist like this.
  3. The quality if the HD on that one is really great. The effects to really pop, abet quite dated.

I have always been a fan of Words Are Not Enough and it is rather overlooked. But I like the video, it is a choice but Steps' videos (especially back then) always had a a theme and something different about them. And this one definitely was different.

Yet this song does still give, the end is nigh vibes!

4. I could never understand why "Words Are Not Enough" never gets sung again after the Gold Tour. It is such a beautiful song that tugs at heart strings. Every member gets to shine as well. The end of the song is gorgeous with Claire's adlibs. Chills!

5. I'd never actually considered that before but that would make so much sense.

For that song, it's a terrible video. The upgrade on quality looks really good, but it's just a load of nonsense that has not one single thing to do with the song. They'd have been better to do a video in the aesthetic of the intro, with the 5 of them looking emosh in this big castle.

poploz, dangeleyes and Mvnl like this.
  6. I’ve always loved Words Are Not Enough. Hopefully we’ll hear it live again one day.

7. W2K

W2K

They performed it on the Christmas With Steps tour.

8. W2K

W2K

I personally find Words Are Not Enough to be a bit bland if I’m honest, like with most Steps ballads. It’s not a bad song at all but I really have no interest in seeing it live again any time soon.

Chain Reaction really was that bitch and the other new songs paled in comparison, especially with hindsight.

unidan82 likes this.
  9. I always forget Words Are Not Enough exists.

poploz and unidan82 like this.
  10. Words Are Not Enough is incredibly forgettable. I cannot remember anything of it thirty seconds after hearing it.

I think coming after the superlative Chain Reaction didn’t help matters either.

unidan82 likes this.
  11. Just watched that video. Claire popped off into the mirror and all I heard in my head was, “Su Elise!”

12. I didn’t realise that H had a different shirt on in the ‘transforming into a cartoon’ sequence compared to the shots around the house before Claire gets sucked in

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

They all had quite different outfits and poor Lee even loses his shirt/didn't want to walk into the castle shirtless for no good reason

14. Didn’t they only have an animated video because they didn’t have time to film a full one?

15. so really, the cd should have the download version on it then? hope they replace and also add the extra 8 seconds to you'll be sorry on the deluxe in the future, the second bridge with Claire is much better

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  16. Yeah, the one after second verse just features Lisa on the cd

17. Wait, what extra 8 seconds is this??

Starfury likes this.
  18. the cd version cuts off the first 8 seconds of the song, it is corrected on the streaming version and download from the official store

19. Not on the iTunes download.

20. no, not sure if the full version is anywhere else

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.