Steps - General Discussion | Page 989 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I preferred the music that S Club Juniors did. It was Cathy Dennis too wasn't it? I just liked their more electronic dance-y stuff than S Club 7's stuff which always felt like a sort of Motown Lite sound. I will admit I was never much of an S Club 7 fan. None of the members stood out to me enough to be worshipped. I always felt like Jo was about 47 from the time they came out. She is probably the voice of S Club but I was never interested. And the rest of the girls didn't seem to have great voices. Nor the boys for that matter. Though I think I had a crush on Jon for about 5 minutes.

AllTheUsernames and Leopold like this.
  2. I have woke up with it my head every day.

3. This is like saying you prefer water from H2o.
    S Club Juniors and S Club literally released the same type of music.

SBK likes this.
  4. Sundown and New Direction > S Club 7's entire catalogue though.

Bookwormboy, AllTheUsernames and SBK like this.
  5. It was a different sound. It really was. I know it sounds silly but there was a little bit of a moodier edge to S Club Juniors music. It was like Kylie rejects and I enjoyed that. S Club 7 just weren't for me. Not with their 147 ballads that all sounded like the same song. And the rest being that Fauxtown sound.

6. I have all albums (and many CD singles) from both. It was the same sound.
    This was hardly a Sugababes vs Atomic Kitten sound variation. At all.

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  7. Ok.. I just revisited some of their stuff on YouTube. And yes there is a lot of that exact same stuff that S Club 7 did... Awful saccharine teeth achingly sweet childish music. But then there is Sundown which is serving up Kylie vs ABBA. Also the fantastic New Direction which is very Kylie too.

8. I had blanked Automatic High and Puppy Love from my memory...

Vasilios likes this.
  9. Awww Automatic High was cute

Leopold likes this.
  10. I got this album at the weekend and haven't stop playing it since. It's brilliant.
    "Tears on a Dancefloor" needs to be a single.

LoveUMore2017 and Chris Lala like this.
  11. Well I like their 2 Kylie reject songs. The rest not so much.

12. Happy is becoming my favourite of the bunch after Story Of A Heart. It's gloom at its best!

13. "Neon Blue" was my initial favourite. Grabbed me right away and was an instant classic. I still stand by that BUT now "Glitter and Gold" is my favourite and the one I skip to first, listen on repeat and can't get out of my head. Question is, STRATEGICALLY speaking which of the two would make a better third single? "Glitter and Gold" is definitely edgier/more contemporary and may open Steps up to an audience that usually would dismiss them. On thw other hand, "Neon Blue" may appeal to a wider general audience and is instantly catchy

jtm and SinceYouTookYourPopAway like this.
  14. Double A side it is...

15. What Kylie rejects?

16. SBK

SBK

I'd prefer Glitter & Gold, but I can't see them doing anything but Neon Blue, feels like they've already decided that's the track they're taking away from this album.

Which is a shame because I think Glitter & Gold / Happy would make better singles. All but three songs on the album could be singles for me.

popBrit and Deleted member 26095 like this.
  17. I'm joking... About S Club Juniors Sundown and New Direction. They remind me kinda of Fever era songs.

Heidismiddle8 and Leopold like this.
  18. Not really the thread to discuss it but S Club 7's 'Seeing Double' had a load of songs much more sophisticated than anything S Club Juniors/8 did. I think suggesting S Club released hundred of ballads is completely way off the mark too. But, whatever. This is about Steps.

19. Again.... I never listened to an S Club album. They just didn't appeal. But yes.. This is all about Steps and their AMAZING new album.

Edit. I meant the S Club ballads all sounded samey to me.

20. SBK

SBK

SinceYouTookYourPopAway should be renamed SweepingUnfoundedPopOpinions

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.