Steps - Tears On The Dancefloor | Page 1598 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - Tears On The Dancefloor

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inoculatte, Dec 26, 2008.

1. I remember feeling distinctly disappointed by the Gold new tracks, especially after the brilliance of "Chain Reaction". I never thought "Baby Don't Dance" or "Words Are Not Enough" had it as singles at all, they were really lacking to my ears, nowhere near the standard of their previous work. I think given it was a Greatest Hits they should have had Topham/Twigg or even Andrew Frampton come back to give them two strong singles to finish the whole thing off (not that they needed it in the end!)

I mean, imagine "Words Are Not Enough" being your final single after all those bangers that came before it. Thank god for 'Tears on the Dancefloor'. If they never do anything else, what an album they've left us with!

2. They should have done something like Baby Don't Dance in the same vein as Chain Reaction

Maggie's Myth likes this.

3. Probably Jive being cheap and using old tracks.

Maggie's Myth and Seanie like this.
  4. Scared of the Dark is still on the playlist at TGI Friday.

Maggie's Myth and JamieHT like this.
  5. Apparently Steps are for old people now? In that case they should have been at the Brit Awards cos I mean if the foo fighters can sing in a shed anyone can.

Tribal Spaceman, Santi319 and Mvnl like this.
  6. *coughs*Long Way Home*coughs*

7. The Brits have always treated rock bands as immortal and pop bands have a shelf life. In fairness that’s kind of how the business works too. I don’t think there’s any chance of Steps getting a nomination nowadays, unless there had been a comeback category this year. The only way would be if they have a massive single/video in future but as shown, the ageism is rife when it comes to pop so it’s extremely unlikely.

I don’t think they’re bothered though really.

Maggie's Myth and Chris Lala like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

I get that they're not everyone's cup of tea, even less than they were back in the day, but I do kinda hate how much of a forum laughing-stock and 'You like Steps, so we're done talking'-act they seem to be.
    Like all Steps fans haven't listened to anything else in 20 years, don't know how charts and streaming work and just need to realize it's 2018 already..

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Dr Pop, legacy_jr, JMRGBY88 and 6 others like this.
  9. Aw, how cool if they did have a 'best comeback' category or something. It would be great to recognise those achievements and may spur on more acts (that we know and love) to come back.

JamieHT likes this.
  10. To a majority of people Steps and other manufactured acts are nothing but a novelty act of its time and are always going to be seen as a joke in the music industry and likewise if you’re a fan your taste in music is always going to be mocked by others even though music taste is subjective. Ultimately prententious attitudes like this do the music industry more harm than good and honestly this forum should be more understanding of attitudes to music. After all we’re all on here for the same reason to champion our faves.

11. Even as a Steps stan, I'm still amazed by their achievements last year.

A sell-out arena tour and nearly getting a number-one album is incredible - especially given how they fizzled out in 2012. They never have and never will get the recognition they deserve, but who cares, they're laughing all the way to the bank and providing us with perfect pop at the same time.

12. Saara Alto is supporting them on their uk "stadium tour" I won't link the article as it came from Dan Wooton but its great to see it being announced as a stadium tour.

13. Is that at the dates that Aqua are not doing or all of them?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  14. I'd call it more a football ground tour than a stadium tour. Most of the ones they're doing are smaller than the arenas.

15. Think it's just the ones Aqua aren't doing.
    I know but to the general idiot reading the Sun it sounds good.

LoveUMore2017, legacy_jr and JamieHT like this.
  16. I had to stop reading the Brit Awards thread yesterday when Steps were getting dragged and "Kendrick Lamar" was called a genius.

17. Interesting that it's CD shaped. Does that mean they are doing a BD+CD and DVD+CD bundle, so it'll be stocked with the CDs rather than the Music DVDs, which means it might sell more copies and might be eligible for the albums chart? Not sure what the chart rules are over that.

JamieHT likes this.
  18. The CD audio would chart in the albums, dvd/bluray in the video chart.

19. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

LP, joe_alouder, yewchapel and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.