Steps - Tears On The Dancefloor | Page 1681 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - Tears On The Dancefloor

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inoculatte, Dec 26, 2008.

1. I'm sure it'll make enough to keep Claire in pompoms this Christmas

Santi319 and WhipperSnapper like this.
  2. I understand how Pledge works, but I don't get how being disappointed at something's quality is acting like anything.

If I'm ordering a concert on blu-ray, I think it's reasonable to assume that it's going to be of a certain standard. What we see in the Stomp video is way, way below that standard. It's discoloured and out of focus for a lot of it. Unless something is changed between them posting that clip and the physical blu-rays actually being produced, that end product doesn't justify being on anything other than a very low priced DVD.

I'll continue to support them, because I want them to be in a position where they can move on to the next campaign, so I don't grudge supporting them through Pledge, but I do grudge getting a sub-standard product from it.

I'm hoping that's just a bad video and the end product is vastly improved.

WhipperSnapper likes this.
  3. It already looks a lot better than the 2012 Blu-ray, even with the orange tint!

WhipperSnapper and baxterclan like this.
  4. That video will be taken from the DVD, I’m almost positive the quality will not be ‘improved’.

5. To be honest after having watched it through TV and not computer I have no problem with it... and the darkness will go well and be fitting in the Party at the cinema.

LP and baxterclan like this.
  6. I got the same e-mail back (as did others according to Ultimate Steps) - it didn't do a lot to reassure me. The Ultimate Steps lot on Facebook, who do appear in the large to have a limited IQ, are emphatically stating "well I'm NOT moving" and "we paid extra for golden circle, we can't afford to meet them, that's why we've had to make do with being at the front". Well I've paid £285, and I want to be at the front too.

They said they've had assurances with the promoter, so I've also e-mailed the Liz Hobbs Group to see what they have to say. Perhaps I just need to get a life.

baxterclan likes this.
  7. I know I’m guilty of this but good god Steps fans know how to moan. It’s not exactly filmed on a potato and at least we’re getting a dvd unlike some bands (sclub7, spice girl reunion tours) so what if it’s a bit dark just turn your brightness up! As for the general fan on Facebook I presume they’re also the ones spending their days with jezza kyle. I think it’s only right the m&g get to the front that’s what they’ve paid for.

8. A lot of them would be able to pick a fight in an empty room...

9. I can't see how event travel can make people move. Unless they cordon off an area specifically.
    I would not be surprised if on the day the event travel representitives vanish when the meet and greets are over...

baxterclan and LP like this.
  10. I'm sure I read that the number of meet and greets were minimal for this tour.
    I remember someone saying that their venue only had 8 available in total. If this is true, it should in theory be easy to squeeze 8 people down the front

LP likes this.
  11. I wasn't referring to that - I meant the furore about the pricing.

12. To be clear, I wasn't referring to the whole campaign, just the live DVD/CD. They may see a bit of profit if it keeps selling well but it's not really a money spinner.

WhipperSnapper likes this.
  13. Yup. That is my friend and I living our best life with a pint of wine in our hands. Oh the shame.

WhipperSnapper, LP, Eric and 5 others like this.
  14. Really? How condescending. Come off it. It’s not about turning the brightness up, it’s bloody orange!

The comparison images over the last few pages show that quite clearly. I don’t know what has happened to it, but it bloody well shouldn’t look like that.

So I can’t express disatisfaction with something without it being a “moan”?

15. People are acting like a few semi-sepia-tinted cuts (most of them are regular) makes it near unwatchable. Goodness. We could’ve had nothing at all? There’s been so much crying going on here the last week.

Matgo, LP, baxterclan and 1 other person like this.
  16. I just don't understand this and I see it quiet a lot on these groups. I mean really??

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Vasilios likes this.
  17. Just noticed that H's track (Space Between Us) on Tears On The Dancefloor is "Track 7"... coincidence? Haha

andru, Santi319 and Seanie like this.
  18. Wow. I just watched The Ultimate Tour for the first time in ages...and again, wow. What a piss poor show compared to Party On The Dancefloor! There’s just no comparison. The Ultimate Tour looks like a budget G-A-Y setup for arenas next to the giant pop spectacle of Party. They even seem much happier and more into Party On The Dancefloor.

WhipperSnapper, LP, Santi319 and 2 others like this.
  19. Both songs are awful

20. I quite like Space Between Us. It’s very laid back and melancholy. I wish it was an all-of-Steps song.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.