Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 271 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Re: Steps reunion stuff

My bad. Phew! Still gonna miss 'After The Love' and THAT routine sadly.

2. Re: Steps reunion stuff

Oh my I just wish the 19th April would hurry up! It looks like a brilliant fun show. Nothing too over the top by the looks of things. It would have been nice for After the Love Has Gone to be there - but I can see why it's not. It's essentially another Claire solo and I'd rather have One For Sorrow than After the Love has Gone

3. Re: Steps reunion stuff

Claire and Lisa's solos seem to be the only enjoyable ones from the videos. Lee's is so bad! Didn't see a video for H's solo though, still excited to see the show though.

4. BTG

BTG

Re: Steps reunion stuff

H's was cheesy as hell. As expected.

He attempted a little "Beyonce at Billboards" and tried to move and bounce things off himself with the screen behind him, then jumped about a bit.

5. SBK

SBK

Bit gutted After the love has gone wasn't there too. More Claire solos the better.

I was overjoyed when I heard what Lee's solo was, (when you compare it to his past efforts!) hopefully it'll be amazing come Sunday..... Faye seemed to be singing to an empty arena - no one seemed at all interested in it.

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

She should have gone with the disco version.

7. BTG

BTG

Claire got the best reaction from the solos, I thought. Especially when she started hitting those notes.

Followed by H, only for what the bloody song was.

8. SBK

SBK

Those two are clearly the most popular, they should form a duo!

9. Re: Steps reunion stuff

Last night was my first time seeing Steps. It was a fun show. It was great hearing all the hits being performed. I thought Claire's solo performance was fab. She has a great voice and the crowd really seemed to be supporting her.

10. BTG

BTG

Recipe for success, clearly!

Though I did get a kick out of Lisa singing Lately.

11. BTG

BTG

I love how overwhelmed she was with the amount of cheers, and her very shy "Thank you". Lovely woman.

12. SBK

SBK

I think its taken her 10 years to realise that people actually quite like her despite what the papers say about her.

Here's the intro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X55V74U65n8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Its very "Return of the Spice Girls" with less OH MY GOD'ness.

13. Re: Steps reunion stuff

The crowd seems a little "flat" in those videos! I want people up and dncing and screaming the whole way through.

14. Re: Steps reunion stuff

ahh that opening looks brilliant - poor Lisa's door flung open! Seeing that makes me wish Girls Aloud did that for Biology on stage. With the test-tube look.

And there's new choreography for Stomp to learn!!!!

15. Re: Steps reunion stuff

I just want to say I think the tour looks horrendous, I mean really bad, but I love the fact that Claire got up on that stage and did the tacky dance routines with a smile on her face, completely embracing her size and clearly not giving a shit what all the papers have said about her weight. Good on her for doing what she wants and not losing weight for other people.

16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Some of those projections look so tacky it makes me think that dvd cover art might end up being real...

17. Re: Steps reunion stuff

I did perhaps expect a little more elaborate staging, as the clips posted on YouTube don't make it look much better than their performance at G-A-Y but I've no doubt it'll be different in person, and much more intimate on the DVD.

Some of the touches are brilliant, I like the intro and the beautiful costumes for It's The Way You Make Me Feel - it's the charm and cheese of 2001, modernised for 2012.

Loving Lisa's vocal in Dancing Queen, not convinced it's live though. But that doesn't bother me so much, at least they're having fun - well, I hope all five of them are anyway.

18. Re: Steps reunion stuff

Lisa's door flinging open! That could only happen to her or Claire and I am so glad that it was Lisa.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.