Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 2727 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Happy has aged a lot better than Neon Blue.

actorandlyricist, Matgo and unidan82 like this.
  2. It would be a good time to go get more alcohol or go to the loo

3. I only ever listen to the Adam Turner remix of Neon Blue now.

Timbo likes this.
  4. I’m on the pro-Neon Blue hype. The extended intro on the last tour was glorious.

5. Enjoy your break then! I’ll enjoy watching the show.

Chips111 likes this.
  6. Ban alcohol in gigs.

Robert, andymc35, JXCK94 and 9 others like this.
  7. 3rd best for me, ahead of Story but not bad at all.

Do Steps really cite it as a favourite? I’ve heard Lee say that and H mention it’s a gay anthem (not sure it is). What have others said?

It’s funny that Scared of the Dark is supposedly an album of bangers with two singles that are ballads while What the Future Holds is more varied and all the singles are bangers.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Andrew likes this.
  8. W2K

W2K

I have no idea what this Scared of the Dark album is you're referring to, but I wouldn't say any of the singles from Tears were ballads? Story of a Heart is a midtempo, the rest are fairly upbeat?

Robert likes this.
  9. W2K

W2K

Taste! The intro reminds me of Steve's intro for Get Outta My Way, which is also a 10/10.

Mikey1701, yewchapel, CLJC87 and 2 others like this.
  10. I heard H describing it as an album if bangers. I agree it isn’t but it’s still a great album.

Just realised I was referring to Scared of the Dark as the album name and that’s what you are referring to. Oops.

Midtempo is a better way of saying it.

11. Neon Blue may be the 4th best single from that era, but for me, the most watchable video - so there are pros and cons to it. Would I like to see it on tour with a proper video like routine over another performance of Better The Devil You Know et Al, probably.

12. Neon Blue was a real highlight on the Party on the Dancefloor tour. I'd like to see it again.

Mikey1701, jtm, Angeleyes and 3 others like this.
  13. I always think I don't really like Neon Blue and then it comes on and I am singing along as if I'm actually in Steps.

yewchapel and actorandlyricist like this.
  14. And my Lee did co-direct the Neon Blue video. So there's that!

JamieHT likes this.
  15. MB

MB

Not Heinz running a poll on their IG story about if they should bring back the Steps pasta shapes!

16. I still have a couple of tins of this at my mum’s!

actorandlyricist and MB like this.
  17. W2K

W2K

H has been recording vocals for Pt. 2 today.

18. I’m probably naive to this but I would have thought they would have done all the vocals for the album before announcing what songs were going to be on it. Unless this is for Track 11? Or touching up on vocals?

Chips111, Tony Lamezma and Mvnl like this.
  19. MB

MB

Probably one of the two. I'd imagine it'll all need to be finished up this week or next in order for everything to be made in time for the release.

20. SBK

SBK

Yeah probably all of the above. I imagine Part 2's announcement was brought forward to maximise Graham Norton.

Is anyone still waiting on merch? I ordered a classic logo tee in February, was due early April, then delayed two weeks now we are two weeks past the delayed date - what's the hold up? It's just a logo on a t-shirt, shouldn't take four months to produce.

JMRGBY likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.