Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 2918 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Looks like the vinyl has gone from their store!

2. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Nice try with the shimmery pink background, lads, but I’m not tempted.

3. I think they really need to announce whatever new format might be in existence today to get that boost. The fact that all us serious fans have already bought our copies could mean the gap will actually just get larger and larger through the week if Manics fans are less, well, manic, and simply buy through the week. They may also have more casual supporters. I feel more annoyed this time because with Sheeran and Barlow they had such big budgets/promo etc that it felt like, "OK, nothing can be done", but The Manics aren't in that league any more, or are they?!

actorandlyricist likes this.

4. You two have very evil energy right now.

5. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

If We Tolerate This, Then Ed Sheeran Will Be Next.

Come on extra digital formats!

6. Yeah I think it’ll be a battle for #2 and #3 positions once streaming is added.

7. I'm guessing that another vinyl format would have closed that sales gap considerably.

I thought they'd go really over the top with the formats this to around to bag a number-one. Steps stans have proven they'll buy anything and everything.

8. The only way they can close that gap now would be a brand new vinyl variant / colour, which is highly unlikely, or a signed cassette bundle of 5 covers / editions.

Jacques and actorandlyricist like this.
  9. Strange that they didn’t keep the bundle! Unless they’re adjusting the price…

blaze_dave and actorandlyricist like this.
  10. SBK

SBK

I bet that's where they are now, at the warehouse signing them.
    They've probably exhausted the die hards as it is, putting it on its own at a cheaper price will tempt them to buy it again, I wouldn't buy the 3 format bundle again just to get this.

actorandlyricist and Chris Lala like this.
  11. The absolute scream I let out reading this knowing Steps have about 50 different formats available.

12. It's really odd that they haven't got a vinyl format out in the shops to buy, in my opinion, to be a store exclusive is surely hindering them a bit? I wonder if we'll get another HMV tie-in such as a free print? An easy few hundred sales would be "if you missed out on the signings, don't worry as we've signed some extra CDs for you! Wooooo!" especially as HMV were selling the rainbow laminate exclusive.

That said their wrists will probably fall off before the week's out with all this signing.

blaze_dave and Chris Lala like this.
  13. Not having an Amazon vinyl, exclusive or otherwise, is a bit hindering. I know Amazon is evil, but lots of people buy pretty much everything on there.

14. The staff in HMV were equally as confused as to why they never had the vinyl, they said it seems to be a webstore exclusive but there’s no standard retail pressing.

Jacques and actorandlyricist like this.
  15. The absolute clownery of how quick I bought that signed vinyl just minutes after moaning about how they’d lost my first order.

16. Quite comfortably #2 at the moment:

1 Manic Street Preachers - The Ultra Vivid Lament (19,186) *
    2 Steps - What the Future Holds, Pt. 2 (16,277) *
    3 The Stranglers - Dark Matters (10,076) *
    4 The Vaccines - Back in Love City (6,661) *
    5 Drake - Certified Lover Boy (6,241)

Source: OCC/Music Week/BuzzJack

17. Snapped up the singed vinyl!

18. You have the exact same rug as me!

19. I'm sure the world and their dog have this by now but signed deluxe back in stock at Amazon after being unavailable for a few days, 149 copies left.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.