Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 3180 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I thought Claire had mentioned it was called 25

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Light Up The World?

3. Love that their greatest hits collections have been called Gold, Ultimate and Platinum.

4. I will be making sure I book the weekend off work for this, in case of signings etc.

I think they could have gone with a better title, but I don't think it's terrible.
    There is no doubt a deluxe/fan edition on the horizon for this, so we can get all the singles.
    One thing I hope they do get right, is that they put the single edits on the album, rather than the album versions (it always bugs me when Greatest Hits don't have the single edits on them)!

dangeleyes, CLJC87 and Mvnl like this.
  5. SBK

SBK

Tragedy

(Just kidding)

Mvnl and Chips111 like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

They got it right with Gold didn’t they? Not sure about the Ultimate one anymore

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It would make sense though I’m not sure if it’s the one I’d pick if one had to go.
    I’d be fine with To The Beat/Slightest Touch because they hardly felt like singles, same for I Know Him So Well.

8. Is this a guess or confirmed?

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Is this a guess?
    New ones wise I’d go with Scared, Neon Blue and Dancing + Future, Eyes and Heartbreak

10. SBK

SBK

Not when something in your eyes / anything else they've recorded exists

11. I think Gold is perhaps the only exception?

Ultimate had the album versions (well at least of Here and now/You'll Be Sorry)

Mvnl likes this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

That’s not from the Tears era though. I’d take it over Story. Also over Neon Blue but there’s no way they’ll ignore that

13. I wonder if they will have the tour DVD out for the same date as well, as Live Here Now were aiming for a July/August release date?

14. "Story of a heart" might have a better shot than Dancing in there ?

Starfury, dangeleyes and SBK like this.
  15. Story Of A Heart will make it, they’ve all but forgotten Dancing.

dangeleyes, Mvnl and DoggySwami like this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah I just went with a mix of my preference and prediction here (personally I’d cut Neon Blue but there’s no way). Dancing also deserves a shot for representing another ‘era’ which is also why I’d quite like Light Up making it (but obviously not the 1-disc)

If it were up to me it would probably only be Scared/Neon/Future/Eyes from the new albums. Any more than those don’t really feel more deserving than the classics

unidan82 likes this.
  17. SBK

SBK

Scared
    Story
    Neon
    Future
    Eyes
    Heartbreak

They'll make CD one, they're the hits. The rest will be on the deluxe.

dangeleyes, saturdays20 and Mvnl like this.
  18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well that’s a shame. Though it’s not like I hear them referencing Story that often these days

Chips111 likes this.
  19. I would be inclined to feature every post-2017 single on the standard version - after all most casuals won't already have them.
    If I was a betting man I reckon they'll go with
    Scared of The Dark, Story of a heart, Neon Blue, What The Future Holds, Something In Your Eyes, Heartbreak In This City and The Slightest Touch with 2 new tracks and 12 classics

dangeleyes, CLJC87 and Mvnl like this.
  20. Normally I wouldn't like a generic title like The Platinum Collection from anyone (hello Pixie!) but they might be the ones to get away with it, as a reference to their previous GH. Gold, Ultimate Collection and Platinum Collection makes up for a nice series.

dangeleyes likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.