Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 3404 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I'll be 54. Christ.

dangeleyes likes this.
  2. Claire will be 60 and Lee will be 62
    Wow!

actorandlyricist and dangeleyes like this.
  3. Y'all are so old. So says me who called a 14 year old a "wee laddie" while out shopping

iveivan and dangeleyes like this.
  4. SBK

SBK

I'll be nearly 30

Jamie, Tony Lamezma and MB like this.
  5. Yeah, I think big anniversaries just make these things a bigger selling point. A talking point to get them press and TVs etc. And whilst yes they could release a new album every 18 months just for the love of it and they would sell, I don't think they would want to.

As much as they love being in Steps, I'm sure for them everything they do has to make good business sense. The new music is a nice thing to do creatively, but I can't imagine they make a huge amount of money out of it individually. The reason they do it is to help keep the interest up for the tours. And if it makes sense for them to now hold off for a few years before touring again, then there's no reason for them to rush a new album out way before then.

dangeleyes likes this.
  6. 3 to 4 years is my bet.

7. I love how they've edited Better Best Forgotten and didn't realise how different the version was from the party tour.

dangeleyes and Whosthatboy122 like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I wonder if anything's planned for 5,6,7,8's 25th anniversary in november..

9. Do you know why they have to spilt screen it on the dvd? Why is that thr only song on the dvd that has the vid of 4 of them one side and footage with Lee on the right when all the other songs just slotted Lee on in full screen?

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Is it me or is the Lee-part of that splitscreen pretty out of sync?

11. For anyone (like me) who’s Tour dvd/Blu hasn’t arrived yet, and might want to give into temptation of a sneak peek, someone’s uploaded the encore to YouTube:

12. That didn't take long! Jesus!

13. TMI

TMI

I watched the first five seconds but stopped it. Don’t want to spoil myself the concert before I get the bluray.

14. I’d like them to do a digital reissue for each single like The Saturdays did.

It wouldn’t take much effort but would fill in the gap a bit. Digital reissue as each single turns 25 and a vinyl reissue as each album turns 25

actorandlyricist and Mvnl like this.
  15. Waiting for the Blu Ray is depressing.
    "For a long time" is depressing.
    Any Aussies that get their orders let me know.

16. Well this is interesting!

Lee being missing is a lot more obvious in this one but when you know why, it’s honestly not that bad?

But I love how they extended the Scared Of The Dark Intro to cover up that none of them could get those bloody coats off in time

poploz and chrisjche like this.
  17. MB

MB

In some songs on the dvd they’ve really made an effort to use more shots of Lee (like slightest touch) but on others he’s non existent. It’s like they prioritized certain songs and put the effort into them.

Robbietoxic, Kylemj, TMI and 2 others like this.
  18. I honestly thought the Lee being there/not would be more distracting than it was. I mean I was kind of aware the whole time but only in appreciation really that they'd gone to as much effort as they had and that they had such high res footage from early on in the tour. Do we know where the footage of the five of them is even from?

dangeleyes, unidan82, poploz and 2 others like this.
  19. SBK

SBK

Probably used some of the footage they project on the screens

20. I might be wrong, but I seem to remember Nottingham being mentioned when they announced the recording. I might be wrong, though.

unidan82 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.