Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 3413 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I bought 4 copies of it despite having no way to watch it - our PS4 was our Blu ray player but we got the PS5 with no disc drive

when I get a few days off work, I’m gonna go stay at my mums and watch it there haha

poploz likes this.
  2. MB

MB

I genuinely think they haven’t got a concrete plan as to what’s next.
    you can definitely tell someone loves being in Steps and would be back in the studio already if it was up to her.

Chips111, Island, Chris Lala and 2 others like this.
  3. Never knew it was Thrain Shadbolt!!!

that guys done Marvel, Avatar, The Hobbit, X Men!! How cool

poploz, Heretic and actorandlyricist like this.
  4. That was cool.

And "making someone's lunchbox a bit bigger". Love it haha

JamieHT and unidan82 like this.
  5. Blatantly H

6. I may have already said this but I'm really surprised they never had a go at recording Turn It Into Love.

7. MB

MB

H is to blame for a lot these days!

8. They really have given us so much over the past 2 years and have earnt a big rest. Even if they never did another thing again (which of course they will), the content from the last 5 and a half years is legendary stuff.

9. We've had 4 albums from them in the last 5 years so they deserve a break. I'm so happy of all the 90s groups it was Steps who came back and added so much to their already amazing discography. I have no doubt they will be back in 2-3 years' time with more pop goodness for us.

10. Exactly and we still have a couple of months of HD videos - hopefully!

11. What else is he to blame for recently? Is he the one membernot committing to the future? (Which would be completely fair enough- he’s got enough on his plate let alone trying to find the headspace to unleash his inner ‘H from Steps’)

Ezz likes this.
  12. Which is why I really don't get why we need new versions of old material which we have in plentiful numbers.
    The only one of those which is a justifiable expense in my opinion is a WTFH singles collection as long as it contains a few extra bonuses a-la the tears one.

Dan Molloy and actorandlyricist like this.
  13. At least we get a lot of good things when Steps are fleecing us; try being a Spice Girls fan right now!

CLJC87, Chris Lala, Stewart and 14 others like this.
  14. But unless there's nothing 'new' - what's the point?
    I mean, I guess that the Spice Girls management just realise that the past is the past and they do do one off releases, but I bet that youve got 5678 and Last Thing On My Mind more times on official formats than Wannabe and Say You'll Be There.

I'd rather have money in my account for any future reunions/tickets/material than being fleeced with the same material over and over...and maybe losing out on stuff *when* new stuff gets released... Even though I'm sure that the scope for Spice material is much wider than Steps' stuff (particularly as far as live concerts here and abroad are considered)

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh I'd be first in line for remastered versions of their albums with the b-sides/rarities of each album tagged on.

16. This would have been such a great way to round off the Steps 25 celebrations. I wonder how close the idea ever got to fruition.

unidan82 likes this.
  17. I can’t believe they’ve had all this behind the scenes footage from their music videos all these years and we’re only just seeing it now.

18. In all fairness, the vast majority of bands of that era don’t share behind the scenes stuff nowadays either.

Chris Lala and actorandlyricist like this.
  19. I feel so sad for Lisa.

Also, I personally find that Claire seems to have been happier and more pro-Steps this era than last.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes, but hopefully if there is one or two that are more reluctant than others I hope they can be persuaded to "take the risk" again.

Starfury, unidan82 and JamieHT like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.