Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 3415 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I think its pretty obvious everyone wants to know if there are any concrete future plans.

I think a year or two out of the spotlight might convince them to have another crack. They know STEPS makes them cash and raises their individual profile to do other things.
    Another album or 2 of originals and then a 30th Anniversary celebration things will be great.

2. A long-ish break will do them good. An arena tour every couple years is a hard sell, so being away for 5 or so years and coming back with a “comeback” album and tour just makes good financial & hype-worth sense. Look how well Tears On The Dancefloor and its accompanying tour did. They’ll be missed, but considering how well they all get on now and seem to enjoy it, there’s no reason to believe they won’t be back at some point.

3. What ever happened to the Steps at Sea idea they were floating around post-Party on the Dancefloor? This thread on a cruise ship sounds messy but could be a low-effort way for them to keep interest alive.

Andrew, poploz and unidan82 like this.
  4. W2K

W2K

I genuinely can’t imagine anything worse, and I doubt they garnered much interest.

5. I think it was slightly before covid.... and also the prices were extortionate.

6. It was most likely just an idea they had and they realised it wasn’t viable.

unidan82 likes this.
  7. Maybe the concept of being trapped aboard a ship with fans repeatedly asking them where R Dancing is was too much...

[​IMG]

8. Ask if we’re ever gonna get an expanded anniversary edition of Now or Never with those tracks that didn’t make it.

Nephilim, tylerc, Mvnl and 1 other person like this.
  9. I think even Lisa would give a generic, "we're going to have a little break but we'll definitely be back" answer at this moment in time.

And then she'd say, but if it was up to me out next album would be ready to go by now.

Mvnl likes this.
  10. Faye is such a workaholic. Pride on Sunday night, onstage in Canada last night. What a pro.

Stewart, Andrew, Blue6010 and 4 others like this.
  11. Lisa didn’t show up guys. She must be jet lagged!

unidan82 likes this.
  12. I received the WTFH Live book today. Incredible package. I would kill to have something similar from other pop groups.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    unidan82 and poploz like this.
  13. Out of the 5 of Steps, I reckon Lee has the least incentive to want to rush into a new Steps album / project at the moment due to baby Leo.

Lisa and Claire back then during the Ultimate Era also couldn't see themselves being thrown into a new project because of the young age of their children at the time.

Also acknowledging Faye being a workhorse straight into work again - what a role model!

14. You're meeting her in Dubai?

15. No it was a cameo live meet. Waited about an hour but she never showed!

16. They all, at some point during Birmingham Pride gave individual speeches about how grateful they are to still be here. It didn't sound like the end at all.

Lisa: We will be back!
    Faye: We really do feel the love from you guys and we love doing what we do
    Lee: We wouldn't be here without you and we're so appreciative of everything we're able to continue to do
    H: You're all part of the Steps journey, number 1 album, Steps being a safe space, new generation of fans
    Claire: thanked the band, mentioned the ups and downs and thanked absolutely everyone else who has helped get them where they are today

If you've seen the documentary, they were all pretty traumatised going through what they had to deliver under pressure and restrictions and for that alone they deserve/probably need a breather. Some of you are speaking like they're going to do a Rihanna!

unidan82, dangeleyes and idratherjack like this.
  17. She’s dm’d me bless her. She fell asleep as she was so jet lagged!

Stewart, Starfury, Robert and 7 others like this.
  18. What did Rihanna do?

mrp2910 likes this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Exactly

20. MB

MB

I can't wait for Steps to do the superbowl in 2026.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.