Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 3416 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. As a super bowl watcher (and not just for the half time show) I would implode.

I'd be on the table in the bar we watch doing the routines.

Mikey1701 and MB like this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Anyone outside the UK got their Future Tour yet?
    I don't know how long this is supposed to take but.. it's starting to feel long

3. Mine was delivered last week and I live in Belgium...

Mvnl likes this.
  4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Hmm, Netherlands here so that shouldn't be much different. It's not like I ordered any of the things that got shipped later (like the book) either

5. Shame! :( I got my mail on the day it released and it took maybe a week? Hoping you'll get to watch it soon!

Mvnl likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah I got my mail that day as well. So it should really be here by now

Mattyy likes this.
  7. I’m off to Amsterdam in a few weeks, I wonder if I’ll beat the dvd haha

Mvnl likes this.
  8. In the US and got it Monday.

Mvnl likes this.
  9. Indonesia and delivered today

Jamie and Mvnl like this.
  10. W2K

W2K

Feeling under the weather today so having a day on the sofa and I’m watching a fan made version of the full Party on the Dancefloor show on YouTube (because I’m too lazy to put the DVD in). They really did that and then some.

It shares its place as my favourite arena tour by any act with Aphrodite - Les Folies, and that’s no mean feat as I never thought anyone would come close to that for me.

Honoured to be a Steps fan honestly.

poploz, Sunny B, unidan82 and 9 others like this.
  11. Hmmm not sure there was much done to this one...

12. I’ve had the audio rip of this for years but it’s interesting to see the whole thing after all this time.

13. That's a shame was looking forward to see how the concert footage came back and then we could see at least whether a remastered package could be possible for a tour. Looks good enough for a DVD but don't think a bluray is a possibility given the footage. Not even sure whether it's been AI upscaled as still looks heavily compressed In HD

unidan82 likes this.
  14. I dunno why, but every time the oboe plays the tune in Heartbeat I pretty much well-up.

yewchapel and Mvnl like this.
  15. When are the StepToons getting the HD treatment??!

actorandlyricist and Mvnl like this.
  16. Yeah, perhaps they weren't able to find even a Beta SP version for this? If the original source wasn't great then using AI would have probably given that horrible plasticky look. The Vevo "HD" version of the Next Step Tour isn't great either. Of course they would have been filmed in a different way to the music videos anyway, and YouTube compression doesn't help!

Gonna see if I can do anything with the versions I've got and will let you know.

Actually I've got an alternative cut of Devil too.. it's not very good though.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    Kylemj likes this.
  17. Here's that alternative cut of Devil. Why they decided to add flames and make it look all washed-out I don't know, but the extra tour clips are nice I suppose.

Not sure whether this came before or after the regular version, or was ever shown on TV. I found it on a compilation DVD.

18. Oh I never knew there was an alternate cut thank you for sharing! The flame effects don't look great but can see why this version wasn't used

19. I just watched 5,6,7,8 from WTFH DVD , and I can't believe they didn't show the moment when the dancer jumping high after Groove part. It was a highlight moment for that song for me.

20. I did think that was a strange editing choice.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.