Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 3420 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Still such an odd single choice, it was even bland as an album track

poploz, idratherjack and JamieHT like this.
  2. I think it’s either love it or hate it, I personally love it -everything about it.

3. I quite agree.

idratherjack likes this.
  4. When I Said Goodbye is their worst single.

Bring on It's The Way You Make Me Feel, that one could look really great in 4K and I'd love a dance only version of the video with them waltzing round the room.

5. Let's get Frampton onboard for the new album then - maybe a song or two would suffice.

unidan82 likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I think I agree, and that's even including all kinds of promo singles. It just does nothing for me and I usually love their slower moments.

idratherjack likes this.
  7. Oooh, I love Take Me For A Ride. It's cool and sophisticated propelling them towards the new "sound" or direction. The intro of the album version gives me chills everytime I play it.

8. I'd rather listen to Light Up The World on a loop than the snoozefest that is When I Said Goodbye.

97williamsb, JamieHT and Mvnl like this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah Light Up The World is absolutely fine. Not a comeback single in any way but still pretty enjoyable.

idratherjack likes this.
  10. When I Said Goodbye is okay (really nice video) - the mistake they made was listing it as the first half of the AA, rather than the uptempo new track everyone was interested in. They really played themselves out of a bigger hit doing that.

And only releasing a single CD oyyy...

unidan82 and Mvnl like this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah even though that artwork is an absolute classic but everything about the way it was released was a choice.

[​IMG]

12. Oh god no. I could quite happily never hear anything from that album ever again.

13. It should have been a Lee/Claire duet.

Starfury likes this.
  14. It’s weird. The slow songs on Steptacular are just a chore. I like Stay With Me and Too Weak To Resist from Step One. Buzz, at least had If You Believe. All of those fit with Steps sound. When I Said Goodbye, I Think It’s Love and You’re Everything That Matters to Me are just random.

poploz likes this.
  15. Couldn’t disagree more, I love all three. If you believe is a little too nasal for me, stay with me a bit boring, too weak a little too.. H…

dangeleyes and actorandlyricist like this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I absolutely love You're Everything. It's the closest they came to something that sonically actually could have been on an ABBA record.

17. I love ballads generally but I’m not overly fond of When I Said Goodbye either.

I Think It’s Love, Since You Took Your Love Away, and You’re Everything That Matters are three of my favourite Steps album tracks though. Fantastic songs.

18. Always really love When I Said Goodbye, certainly prefer it over Words Are Not Enough. Nowhere near their worst for me!

19. I wonder if performances have affected my judgement. I loved Since Your Took Your Love Away but found the performance of I Think It’s Love super cringy.

Also, I always found ending each album with a ballad disappointing.

poploz likes this.
  20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I love Since You Took Your Love Away too but Claire and Lisa's solos on that album felt a bit naff an bland to me. Hand On Your Heart was much better than I Think It's Love for me.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    poploz and Hybridcookie like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.