Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 3421 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. "Words Are Not Enough" is superior than "When I Said Goodbye" for me. It's nice, but I don't think the latter is a single material. I wish they had chosen "Never Say Never Again" instead as the double A side with "Summer Of Love". And released with 2 CDs!

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

My CD/DVD finally arrived! (obviously with dented corners but yeah, cardboard..)
    Did anyone rip the DVD to check if the audio is in any way different (different cuts between songs possibly) from the CD? Since my computer doesn't seem to notice it's a dvd at all

Also: if anyone worked out how to get the documentary/extras in 16:9 on their screen let me know, because I either get it squashed to 4:3 or zoomed in (no problem with the concert itself luckily)

Was the transition to Take Me For A Ride live like it's on the tv? It feels very sudden
    (Also: there seem to be quite a lot of out of sync shots)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  3. I adore this song. And wish they explored this more "dramatic" side to them. Those vocals. Wow.

happiegoluckie, Robert and Mvnl like this.
  4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It's surprisingly mature for the era it came from. Still holds up pretty well because it's just them and a piano.
    I feel like it does what When I Said Goodbye tried to do better.

5. I think I’m in the minority. I love When I Said Goodbye

6. Watched the documentary from the tour DVD last night and they did a great job showing / explaining how difficult it was to tour. So much respect for them to keep it all going for the fans! Will watch the show over the next couple days.

It really is a shame they couldn't properly finish the tour - I did find it odd that they didn't give a proper reason as to why those last two shows didn't happen.

unidan82, erikssonvagen and Mvnl like this.
  7. Oh yes it’s definitely better than When I Said Goodbye, but a strange choice on that album.

Mvnl likes this.
  8. Because they weren’t about to dig out an entire set and re-learn that show for two shows then go off and do the summer setlist. They couldn’t do the summer shows at those shows because people had paid for a different show.

Chris Lala likes this.
  9. Is the tour documentary online anywhere or is it just a DVD release ?

10. Just a DVD release.

iveivan likes this.
  11. I think the main problem with When I said Goodbye is that it has been overdone. It's a nice ballad and I enjoyed their promo of it as it did prove them as singers, but, was it worthy of being performed on every tour during the original era, questionable.

JamieHT likes this.
  12. I'd like a PWL/Pete Hammond remix - but not a full on Pete Waterman production

idratherjack, SBK and erikssonvagen like this.
  13. I love it too. Steps have always had great ballads.

14. That sounds like a great idea too! Love how PWL enhances Kylie's Everyday's Like Christmas. Feels like 80s all of a sudden again.

Bookwormboy and burntoutcar like this.
  15. Yes. It’s like Love’s Got A Hold On My Heart’s sequel. It would’ve been great to launch with that as they did and close that chapter with Never Say Never Again.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

When I complained that Spotify always plays the same 5 singles from every artist I listen to, suddenly having My Best Friend's Girl pop up in every playlist for no reason whatsoever was not exactly what I had in mind??

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

That already looks pretty.
    Also kinda like it's been colored in but that might be because I pictured the colors differently?

Colored 100 Years Of Winter, when?

poploz and actorandlyricist like this.
  18. Ooooh so they are going for a 4k colour version. Interesting, it would be strange though.

Mvnl likes this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I do appreciate that the extras just keep coming.
    Anything to dream of for the remaining songs? (Yes please, all dance It's The Way You Make Me Feel)

dangeleyes and actorandlyricist like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.