Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 3422 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Heartbeat - Honestly just some behind the scenes stuff of them mucking around.

Tragedy - Can’t think of anything extra I’d want

Deeper Shade Of Blue - Lots of unseen stuff for this one - new footage, especially Lee, all in glorious 4K of course. I’d like a full dance video in the alter ego costumes

It’s The Way You Make Me Feel - I also want a full dance video in the ballroom. It would be majestic

Here & Now - Full dance version would be nice, in the maze

Baby Don’t Dance? - Assuming we will get this since we got the others but don’t expect anything special with it

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I think we already got Here And Now!

Heartbeat raw footage with just the green screen behind them could be fun
    A full wedding dance version of Tragedy could be cute but not essential

dangeleyes and JamieHT like this.
  3. We haven't.

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh I must be confused by You'll Be Sorry/assuming they came together

actorandlyricist likes this.
  5. There was a “Story version” back in the day that had both together but it literally was just one video after another - there was nothing special to connect them

Mvnl likes this.
  6. It's on the Gold DVD/VHS

I get what you mean but it was nice to transition from the maze in the space ship to where it landed. The teenager in me thought it was really cool.

GodsAndMonsters and Dan Molloy like this.
  7. This should have been an extra. The whole gorgeousness of the black and white made this epic. I hope they put the black and white version on.

Chips111, actorandlyricist and meeks like this.
  8. It's easy enough to make it black and white in any old free video editing program, I think having it in colour is nice!

poploz, Musiquelover64 and Chips111 like this.
  9. W2K

W2K

Well this is gorgeous. I don't think I've seen the video since it's release!

10. It’s not actually that easy to do!

I loved seeing it in colour - it’s like I’ve seen it for the first time.

11. Love the colour version, it’s gorgeous.

Chips111 and actorandlyricist like this.
  12. So odd (but amazing) to see it in colour. I remember of Steps Gold DVD they wanted to film in Black & White so they could get away with less makeup, only to find out they needed more makeup to make them standout in black and white.

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It's really like seeing pics of your grandparents restored in color, like... so this is what the colors were??
    Looks stunning though.

14. Ok fine I take it back... it's stunning.

actorandlyricist and Mvnl like this.
  15. I'm so used to live versions of When I Said Goodbye with Lisa's "stayed if you had known" and "need to turn the page" ad-libs that it's odd to watch the video with the studio version. Were the ad-libs ever on a demo version I wonder? The video is absolutely gorgeous, the 4K quality is so crisp. We are blessed.

16. Heartbeat, Tragedy and It's The Way are the ones most likely to be in 4K and have extra footage because the other David Amphlett ones did. I wonder if they did a full run through of Tragedy at the wedding reception?

Musiquelover64, dangeleyes and Mvnl like this.
  17. Beautiful. Never knew Lisa’s hair has a splash of purple. I actually prefer it in colour

18. That is lush.

That is all.

19. I think I prefer it in colour and maybe should have always have been in colour. I feel it sums up what steps where about summer, happinesses, bright colours etc in a ballad video, I now realise black and white didn’t suit this video so much. Like the rose at the start should have kept that back in 2000 too

actorandlyricist likes this.
  20. That’s interesting because, the make-up is very noticeable in the colour version.

It’s quite fun seeing it in colour. They look cold though haha.

I didn’t know about Lisa’s hair either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.