Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion | Page 347 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

He should definitely sue, it's lazy journalism and something like this can be extremely damaging. I feel really sorry for him!

2. Good to see the Steps topic back but not for this reason! I am very surprised this happened at E! but there you go...a very dangerous mistake to be making, the fact that other sites picked up on it etc, it is damaging, I'd be surprised if he didn't sue. And they haven't apologised either!

Now as for Steps...now that the topic is up, they aren't actually going to do anything in 2014 are they? I mean what would they even do. If it were up to me of course there would be an album in May and a summer tour but I feel like there's no hope really.

3. There's no hope for Steps, they were just too lazy with the comeback in terms of actually recording new material. Loved that I got to see them on tour but I wouldn't go again just to see the same songs performed so I hope thats not their next 'plan', I doubt there is a plan as a group.

4. Well they've topped up their back accounts now and even though some of them seemed to think a new record was a good idea and a possible one, the easy way out with the "Festive" album was taken, and while it maybe didn't do them any favours, I don't think it ruined their chances. They still could have released a new record during the year easily.

5. Consuelanono

Consuelanono Guest

I'll forever be haunted by what Steps (real Steps, no Christmas Steps) in 2013 would sound like. I imagine like Lady Gaga without the inane lyrics.

6. SBK

SBK

I imagined they'd be a bit like Lady Gaga's Born this way era. Not the hard electro stuff, but catchy pop backing tracks and familiar melodies.

I mean Judas' chorus is a Steps chorus. Which is why it blended so well into their tour setlist.

Its quite shocking that E! haven't issued an apology. It's worrying that there are people in the UK who actually think its H as well. I mean I know he went through his 'I WANT TO BE CALLED IAN NOW PLEASE' but surely when they read/hear 'Ian Watkins from the band the lost prophets' they don't think Oh Em Gee... H FROM STEPS!?!

Whats even more worrying is that there are some who, despite being corrected, choose to carry on spreading vile words upon the twitter about it being H.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  7. E Online should at the very least issue an apology.

As for their future - in a world where Blue can get a Top 10 album on their own label and Boyzone can do the same (all be it with a major lael backing) i just think they're being a bit lazy / cautious. From what I've seen on twitter Lee's had a few auditions of late (best of luck with them) and Lisa's been replying to fans along the lines of "hopefully we'll come back with something more upbeat" at the moment the latest anyones doing anything is April so guess we'll have to wait and see.

8. SBK

SBK

9. While I get what you're saying, it is important to remember that Blue's company, and 2/4 of its members went bankrupt shortly after plowing their own money into the album (and having it tank). They'd be rightfully cautious.

10. SBK

SBK

Yeah Blue are a terrible example finance wise. A group like Steps need a major label/management budget up front to pay songwriters, producers etc...

11. Well the albums market has shrunk so much that it's a piece of piss to make the top 10 albums chart. That they didn't get anywhere near with the last "effort" suggests they shouldn't bother.

12. MB

MB

Completely agree - the christmas album proved that - they must have lost some money on it, and i can't see a major label going anywhere near them!

13. It was great seeing Steps on tour but I don't think I'd do it again to see a very similar production. I might crack out the Christmas album and actually listen to it properly this time. Surely it's better than I remember...

14. SBK

SBK

She's sold all the ones that she's got higher certifications for. The money went to cancer research.

15. She's broke!!

16. I have been listening to Light Up The World (album) during Christmas stuff and it *is* quite the festive treat. I kept "When She Loved Me" "Light Up The World" and "One Less Bell To Answer" as they aren't really festive, but it was nice to return to the rest after getting over the initial "What?! No poppers O'Clock bangers?! Shock"

17. Poor H has had his pictured used again by mistake in the Lost Prophets case.

This time it was on Google against a CBS News article.

18. SBK

SBK

I'm surprised E! got away with out being fined or ordered to pay some compensation.

This whole affair is really going to follow him around for life now, the world is full of idiots, who despite being told its someone different, choose to still hurl abuse at him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.