Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection | Page 2896 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. jtm

jtm

Hm, obviously for me they could sing the phonebook and I would love it still not keen on the Christmas album thoigh so it‘s no surprise that I really really like this album too.

At the moment I‘m absolutely in love with the first half while the second half will probably grow with repeat listening.

Favorite obviously A Hundred Years of Winter (Darren can do no wrong) and I really like the extended Take Me For A Ride. Somehow the production throughout the songs seems a bit fuller now.

Very much looking forward to the physical copies in three weeks probably.

Chips111 and actorandlyricist like this.
  2. Yeah, I heard the similarities too and I can't unhear it.

unidan82 and actorandlyricist like this.
  3. I haven’t listened close enough yet, but the Initial Talk Club Mix on the Lisa CD actually seems to just be the same 3:55 edit on the deluxe edition of the album.

idratherjack likes this.
  4. Some extended mixes these days are only about 30 seconds longer.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  5. Yeah, no this is just the same remix as the deluxe. Same mixing, length.

actorandlyricist and Anjoel40 like this.
  6. That's disappointing. I wanted a 7 minute long version!

Chris Lala likes this.
  7. Initial Talk tweeted that they especially loved producing this Extended Mix that was exclusive to the CD, so they’ve pressed the wrong track.

8. Might be worth sending them an e-mail, they might repress.

9. I hope they make it available on streaming then, that's a shame.

10. Done!

Anjoel40 likes this.
  11. When I get mine, I will too. I only got the Deluxe today. My batch was dispatched at the same time but are obviously taking longer.

12. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Two plays via Spotify on a long car journey…

I’m happy with it overall! I’d say the only skippables are Trouble & Love and High. Trouble & Love is by far the worst though, so dull!

A Hundred Years of Winter though… •heart eyes•

Mvnl likes this.
  13. Did anyone else’s rainbow cd come dented? Or am I just really lucky… have complained to hmv as that ruins the effect.

Attached Files:

14. So make a playlist.

Would you rather Steps rereleased the first album with four more tracks and said “we’ve got a whole album’s-worth, but we’ll sit on those”?

15. I received the 'Lisa' version from the official store today and there is no inlay or anything, I find it odd that they were (legally) able to not include songwriting credits etc... is this the case for all of them or is my copy just missing it?

16. I told Lisa she was an icon and asked if they’d do Just Like The First Time on tour. Unfortunately they won’t be performing it… which is what I expected. Sounds like it will mainly be singles and a few new album tracks from Part 1 and 2.

AlmostFamous, Starfury, nbtsa and 4 others like this.
  17. Has anyone heard the extended version of The Slightest Touch on Claire’s CD yet?

idratherjack likes this.
  18. None of the individual versions came with booklets or credits…and my vinyl/deluxe CD/cassette bundle hasn’t arrived.

jtm likes this.
  19. I was just wondering the same. Hopefully someone can confirm that they got that right.

20. Got my bundle in, the deluxe CD is in a book format (literally a hardback book) where the CDs are in pockets at the front and back. The inside pages have the lyrics and images. The fold out with photos and signed.

Edit: Photos of it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    andru, SlowBurn, unidan82 and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.