Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection | Page 2939 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I assume they meant 'the hits since Gold'.
    Which I wouldn't mind either (apart from hardly any being hits) but just throw in a disc 1 of the older hits too to make it sell.

2. I think if it’s a compilation for next year, we’ll be definitely looking at whole career spanning album.

jtm likes this.
  3. My bundle from the official store still hasn't shipped and thats's 3 copies. What the hell are they waiting for?

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It only makes sense when it's celebrating 25 years.
    (also a recapture from 2011 till now would feel a bit like closing a chapter again)

5. Only really big artists like ABBA and Madonna can get away with doing a "vol 2" sort of best of, that excludes their earlier biggest hits. Any best of would have to include the early hits. I suppose they could re-record them.

jtm, Tony Lamezma and Mvnl like this.
  6. Mine hasn’t either.

It’s a replacement order, but she said it could take up to a week, which seems insane.

7. The Greatest Hits next year should comprise of studio versions of the tour versions of songs they’ve done from the Steve Anderson produced tours, perhaps with new vocals and all.

That would include keeping some songs to medleys so that all the new singles can fit on, as well as the fan favourites like Paradise Lost and Luv U More.

One can dream I suppose.

8. W2K

W2K

Yes absolutely 100% to all of this.

poploz, Kylemj and Stewart like this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I guess the current tour might also be rebranded so they can release 'The Greatest Hits - Live!' next year?

10. MB

MB

On Faye's latest IG story Claire's hair looks very 60's...Not 80's (for a slightest touch video) unfortunately.

11. I can confirm I went to Sheffield and bought the rainbow edition from HMV.

Yay me.

12. W2K

W2K

60s Mania confirmed.

13. I don’t want to jinx it but hasn’t Claire said that she’d love to do acoustic versions of their hits?

... I hope they won’t go there.

Mvnl, maneater83, JamieHT and 2 others like this.
  14. I’m fine with this as one of many editions, but I don’t want a fully acoustic 25th celebration!

15. Absolutely.

16. Still waiting for an after party invite then are we?!

Maybe they'll see whether we're still in the race and release tomorrow or will they keep it back and use that content for a release at a later date. I guess it depends how much they and BMG want the no.1

17. Fair play for emphasising this!

Attached Files:

18. W2K

W2K

Signed vinyls are awaiting dispatch.

19. Not in front of my salad etc etc.

Screenshot_20210915-134816_Chrome.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.