Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection | Page 2947 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. They all look stunning on H's Insta-stories; I love the sixties aesthetic...I wonder what they're filming!? H said it was 'very exciting' - could just be tour footage but I'd love for it to be a TV special of some kind.

I still love Part 2 and delighted they're in a 'chart battle' like it's 1999!

On a slightly negative note- I'm miffed that Sophie Ellis-Bextor is apparently not supporting them for the Belfast date anymore. Whilst I understand there is likely a legitimate reason, I feel the Belfast fans should at least get an explanation/formal acknowledgement that it's not happening; given that it was heavily promoted that Sophie would be the support act for all (not selected) dates. That said, I'd be going to see Steps irrespective of who was supporting them but it would be nice for their team to formally acknowledge this. Perhaps they're waiting until they agree another support act before they do so

2. If she didn't sign it it would be rarer. I feel like I can't pick anything up in my house without seeing their scribbles on the back of it. Love it, though.

3. It's looks like styles from Various decades (one foot in the past) but think would have a little break before doing tour video work

4. I thought they already did tour backgrounds back when they did Take Me For A Ride. Claire's hair reminded me of Love's Got a Hold on My Heart.

5. Considering the whole "6th member" thing I really am shocked (despite obviously having £££s for the single that MV hasn't contributed in any form to the album promo. Still.

6. Very true and in that way it does.
    Just something that has been niggling at me all week.

7. Oh F**k! I just realised that they gave us the Steps only vocal version of the single mix of Heartbreak In This City! They are just the gift that keeps on giving!

poploz, MistakenBiology, TMI and 4 others like this.
  8. Me too and a little bit disappointed to be honest.
    Unless she could be there to give the album legs on the long run.

9. W2K

W2K

You took your time!

actorandlyricist likes this.
  10. Hahahah... I was out today and have just got back and listening for the first time now.

11. Being this close to a number one, she would profit from being on it too surely? Even just a tweet or two might make a difference.

12. SBK

SBK

That's why they've given us the steps only version so we can replace her version now she clearly hates steps.

13. I mean I would much rather have Claire coming in like a glitterball tornado on that last verse and I feel like everyone here feels that is the correct opinion.

14. MV was probably promised a UK No 1 single to get her to do the collab dd.

15. So I caved and purchased Chalkys poster edition.
    Loony bin I do!

Chips111 likes this.
  16. Wasted Tears Initial Talk Club Mix goes OFFFFF!!!! Loving that Dead or Alive Murder Mix intro. The song sounds so perfect in this late '80s time capsule realness. It's giving me little me playing my Kylie and Jason Cassettes on my white and pink portable cassette player vibes.

17. I would kill for an 80’s style music video for the Initial Talk remix of Wasted Tears.

18. W2K

W2K

Steps didn't need Michelle before and they don't need her now. The likelihood is that most of her followers would either only want the song she's on (that they already have) or are already fans of Steps and have the album already. I don't think her tweeting about it would gain enough sales to snatch the #1.

19. Manics are up to #4 on iTunes - plus their packages have been a sales boost mid week. I know there are 1000 vinyls and however many digital sales to be added tomorrow for Steps - would love for them to scoop it.

20. SBK

SBK

I get why they did it, and it was fun. The single mix is great. But yeah, I am glad we now have a proper single steps mix and the vocals are how the pop gods originally intended.

jtm, AlmostFamous, Jacques and 8 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.