Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection | Page 2992 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Having lived with the album for a while now I definitely prefer Part 2, the only tracks I consider filler are Kiss of Life and High. The opening run of tracks is so strong - Wasted Tears is awesome, A Hundred Years of Winter is one of the best things they've ever done, I love Living In A Lie in all it's latter day ABBA glory and The Slightest Touch is a career highlight. The few songs that I wasn't initially sold on (A Million Years, Trouble & Love, Victorious) have all grown on me massively.

With Part 1 I took 5 songs and ran (the singles and To The One), way too many ballads and midtempos for me. The lows are so much lower than on Part 2. I finally got around to making my What The Future Holds (Ultimate Edition) and combining Part 1's singles and Part 2's album tracks you have a really solid collection. I love how Lee is all over Part 2 as well, particularly on Trouble & Love and Victorious where he sounds great.

Cannot wait to see these songs brought to life on tour!

2. I didn't.

But I did see the 5678 musical.

3. SBK

SBK

There's barely any of it online either, so you're lucky, even if you were tempted, you'd be spared.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  4. So I watched the video for 'Story of a Heart' for the first time yesterday and it's probably infamous on here, but can anybody explain to me what the hell Lisa is miming during her part and how that got left in the final edit?

5. Listened to both Pt 1 and Pt 2 and echo most peoples' thoughts. Pt 1 has amazing highs (What The Future Holds, Something in Your Eyes) but also a lot of 'meh' and I skip a lot of tracks. Where are Pt 2 doesn't have any amazing tracks it has lots of solid tracks mixed with some genuinely good tracks (Slightest Touch) but don't skip it.

actorandlyricist and Kylemj like this.
  6. Pt 1 wins for To The Beat Of My Heart alone.

7. Lee

Lee

Thinking out loud… I’m pretty sure Neon Blue was filmed at the same time as the tour visuals, the same could have happened with The Slightest Touch, a cheaper way of getting a video done??

AussiePopstar likes this.
  8. She‘s due on in about half an hour.

steps2it likes this.
  9. It's absolutely infuriating seeing this week's number 1 album having sold under 8k after 6 days.

Steps did more than double that in their first 3 days.

10. If only they could have known... what the future held.

Starfury, LPT, Stewart and 15 others like this.
  11. I agree but I think I prefer the idea of 2-out of the top 10/20(? Not heard where Steps are in the current midweeks) than a huge drop from number 1.

12. I'm not sure where they are either but I'd hope they're not as far down as 35, which is the current record for the largest drop #1 (The Vamps).

I'd expect mid-20s based on their initial position of 15 at the weekend.

13. MB

MB

Claire mentioned summer gigs May - September next year.

LPT, unidan82, JMRGBY and 4 others like this.
  14. The best news is the updated posh ‘Pasta a la Clara’ recipe! That’s my Thursday night dinner sorted

15. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Brighton Pride performance! Let me manifest!

16. And a good old fashioned Chart Battle is always good and definitely needed this day and age.

17. SBK

SBK

Currently top 20, ans have been holding steady.

But yeah they would have been #1 purely on their pre-orders (13k) this week...

18. What other song does the chorus of Victorious sound like? Every single time I listen I think I am about to figure it out but I never do.

19. Half of all Melodifestivalen entries since 2005? The other Victorious?

Rob likes this.
  20. I know it is a cover but I have never heard the original. It's definitely a song I listen to regularly/know well. It almost comes to me every time the chorus kicks in, I am going crazy trying to think of it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.