Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection | Page 2995 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. @VivaForever You should make an exception in this case, it really is a phenomenal 12" remix

I agree, they should repress the Lisa CD to give us the correct mix.

poploz and -Jay- like this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

According to my computer they're even empty ones (probably not finalized properly) so yeah..

VivaForever likes this.
  3. Indeed, her album unfortunately fell from #1 to #111 over there! Here in the UK it peaked at #2 but had quite a respectable 6 week run in the Top 20 (2-13-12-18-18-19).

I did a little more research about #1 falls in the UK. Ben Howard - 'Collections from the Whiteout' (March 2021) entered at #1 and then fell out of the Top 100 in week 2. 1-113! I'm not sure if that's the current record, or if anyone else has done worse than that.

Anyway relative to that, Steps were thankfully on course for a reasonable second week position.

actorandlyricist and Anjoel40 like this.
  4. As expected, the H Scott Alan song is tremendously dull.

poploz likes this.
  5. I think it's meant to suit Scott's sound rather than Steps. It's nice to hear both him and Mark Feehily have songs on there, especially as gay dads.

Chris Lala likes this.
  6. SBK

SBK

They would have been number one this week easily, without any of the shenanigans they needed throughout the week against the Manics.

7. That's a shame but you never who you are going to be up against or run into I guess. Maybe next time...

actorandlyricist likes this.
  8. What's the possibility of them getting all the rights to their Sony back catalogue?

9. The Manics v Steps battle generated quite a lot of press which just going in number one might not have done - but in the long run a number 1 looks better on the discography wikipedia page

10. I just wanted that picture of them holding the #1.

11. SBK

SBK

Unlikely, they probably wouldn't be able to afford it.

They don't need them, and it's not like Sony are stopping them from using it for anything.

Bookwormboy, DoggySwami and chrisjche like this.
  12. MB

MB

13. SBK

SBK

Interesting that we got The Slightest Touch karaoke and not Winter... the part one karaokes never included grat tracks...

actorandlyricist likes this.
  14. Someone post that mix of victorious with the original Backing please. I can’t find it. Thank you!

15. To do what?

SBK likes this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I assume for a Greatest Hits?

17. They can still do that, it's not like Sony locked the songs in a cell.

DoggySwami and SBK like this.
  18. SBK

SBK

They'll probably do that anyway. It's unlikely Sony wouldn't allow them to use the music.

Mvnl likes this.
    Adora Day likes this.
  20. I received my Step One jumper today and I love it. It’s really good quality and a nice fit too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.