Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection | Page 3226 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. As much as I love a Steps arena show it would be good to see them in a more intimate venue, even o2 academies up and down the UK.

unidan82 and JamieHT like this.

2. I’m sure they’d still sell arena shows in the big cities (Manchester, London, Birmingham, Glasgow). I think the issue with these shows is that they’re in out of town pop-up festival venues with promoters who often don’t have a lot of experience or the connections to allow an event to go ahead in any circumstance (eg, Groupon offers, economies of scale, being able to double up on infrastructure).

dangeleyes, SBK and Jamie like this.
  3. I actually think a theatre tour would have suited the 25th anniversary and made it all feel a bit more intimate and special.

Blue6010, JamieHT, Kylemj and 3 others like this.
  4. Gutted for you all who've had shows cancelled.

5. As I understand it, it sends the wrong signal to the industry if you start doing theatre tours. Steps are an arena-filling act and I'm sure they want to stay that way.

6. MB

MB

Some of the shows must be selling really badly if they've not even bothered with groupon before scrapping them. Maybe cutting costs won't cover the costs of putting the show on.
    I know that Manchester 'Beeufest' (which was always doomed to fail) tried a months offer of 20% off which didn't do the trick.

7. A theater tours earning split 6 ways (Steps + management) would make no sense if it meant two grand per member per show dd.

8. I know it's small fish... But two grand each per show to celebrate the 25th which they've promised to do would be better than so few shows surely? Especially when they'd guaranteed to sell!? How many have cancelled now?

Kylemj likes this.
  9. Not even worth setting the shows up for.

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

2 grand is.. 2000 pound, right?
    A show? A member? Is that.. bad?

11. It's not worth leaving their kids for let's just say that.

12. SBK

SBK

All these numbers are pure speculation. We've no idea how much or little they'd make.

But Steps are an arena band, there is no reason for them to start booking o2 Acadamies. However ~special~ and ~intimate~ you think it is.
    The Royal Albert Hall is the kinda intimate 25 years deserves, not a venue that doubles up as a nightclub on a weekend.

unidan82, Jacques, DoggySwami and 6 others like this.
  13. Yeh, there is no way in hell established artists who tour arenas and book TV gigs would leave the house for 2k, unless they fund themselves. Even Mel C who has been an indepedent artist since 2004 charges 10k per DJ set.

14. 2K would barely scratch the surface of all the Lego sets I want, it's not worth putting underwear on for that kind of money.

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I mean it’s 2 months worth of living earned in one night…

unidan82 and P'NutButter like this.
  16. That’s true but for some of these summer festivals their fee could be as high as £100-150k with none of the overheads either. I can see why they went for it.

17. I mean not in the UK and not for them.

Mvnl, P'NutButter, Matgo and 2 others like this.

18. As predicted. Steps not attending next year.

MB likes this.
  19. MB

MB

They can’t even get the date of the next gig right. Also - poor event travel having to give people their money back. (Insert evil laugh).

20. W2K

W2K

More to the point, poor people that have potentially missed out on two meet and greets (yes I know Event Travel are shit but some people still had great experiences at their meet and greets, me included).

A bit of a shambles to be honest.

MB, dangeleyes and Tony Lamezma like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.