Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection | Page 3227 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I wonder if they get to keep part of their fee for these cancelled shows? Surely their own costs for putting together the shows/Lisa being in the UK etc were dependent on the economies of scale of doing X amount of shows, and now with the festivals dropping like flies, it can't be anywhere near as profitable?

dangeleyes and poploz like this.
  2. My chances of seeing them are getting slimmer and slimmer.

3. The issue is with this being branded by them as the 25th Anniversary Tour now that several of the dates have been cancelled it just reflects badly on them even though it’s not their fault at all.
    I still believe if they had done another arena tour but 1 date each and only the bigger cities, it would have sold better than this.

4. TMI

TMI

With July coming in a few days, I hope we’ll get more news about the release of the previous tour footage. I’m ready to put the live intro of What the Future Holds at full blast on my new home cinema.

Chips111 and Kylemj like this.
  5. As this show is venue based and end up doing a similar/same setlist for the summer tours they could have the opportunity to do a livestream and gain some additional ticket sales. They could enhance the show with some snazzy stage and lighting effects (Similar to Kylie's Disco livestream) - Additionally this could even be used as either extra footage for a future release or add it to YouTube/iTunes/Prime to purchase. This would then give overseas fans a chance to watch this tour as summer tours rarely get recorded. Chuck in some additional songs from the new album and maybe some fan favourites that was missed off the last tour this is an option to give fans a live performance of some tracks that may not be considered for future tours (Living In A Lie/To The Beat Of My Heart etc..)

Chips111 likes this.
  6. Whilst during lockdown I agreed that they should have done a streaming show, there is really no need now. If people want to see them in person they can go to the summer tour, if they don't/can't they can buy the upcoming tour dvd. If they did a streaming concert they would just be eating into their own market.

dangeleyes and actorandlyricist like this.
  7. MB

MB

The show is listed as doing like 5 (or 6) songs and a Q&A. Lasting an hour max. It's being done in an academy sized venue - if you put up some lights and cameras you'd barely have room for the band never mind an audience.

8. Do we know the audience size for the Leeds gig?

9. MB

MB

According to google the venue holds about a thousand but I doubt they'll be that many. They do have a smaller venue at the student union which holds 350 people.

10. SBK

SBK

Wasn't sold as an acoustic set with q+a?

11. MB

MB

“Intimate performance and q&a”

12. TMI

TMI

I got in touch with Live Here Now :

F7EBDB19-B4B0-473A-8BF1-58F414755236.jpeg

13. A pal is interviewing Steps soon, any questions you guys wanna ask?

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

If they're deliberately pretending the Light Up The World era never happened, but I'm not sure that will go down too well...

dangeleyes and burntoutcar like this.
  15. TMI

TMI

« What have we all been waiting for? »

16. W2K

W2K

Who wrote What the Future Holds?

17. If we touch Lisa, is she electric?

18. Is there a song you wish you hadn't released as a single?

19. Favourite memorable moment from your 25 Years of being in Steps

20. SBK

SBK

What does H stand for.

Mvnl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.