Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection | Page 3238 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Wow. Great performance.
    Lisa going into her prime Aretha Franklin!
    And in true Steps fashion, they are going to ne living in those outfits all year, aren't they.
    And Lee, just Lee!

Daniel L and asmartpricebiscuit like this.
  2. Lisa said I'll fucking show them all.

3. Funny to see Boy George bopping along as I'm sure he's been less than complimentary in the past, if not about Steps personally, about that sort of pop.

Met him once when I was younger and paid him a compliment and he told me to "fuck off and play my Steps tapes". So I did.

4. TMI

TMI

Poor Lee having nothing to do but smile, move his body and mime over a vocoder.

5. You can hear him singing over the top towards the end.

Chips111, unidan82 and iveivan like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Miming probably would have been better here. Or at least a live vocoder

7. With ‘5, 6, 7 or 8,’ are they voting on the looks or the album as a whole?

8. TMI

TMI

The looks I think.

The international cover of Buzz is far better than the original.

9. I'm pretty sure it was something like "Steps recall their gayest moments" with Gay Times, but I can't find it on YouTube.

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I like the Buzz cover, though some of it might be linked to my memories of my overall fondness of that album back then. It's obviously very of its time and Lee and Lisa could do with a haircut but otherwise it's fine.
    Meanwhile the international one, though stylistically better, is literally a mood

[​IMG]

DoggySwami, CLJC87 and JamieHT like this.
  11. I love the international cover but it definitely doesn’t match the material on the album.

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It looks about as fun as the Light Up The World album sounded.
    Might have to try one of those 'make them smile' apps to see if that improves it

iveivan likes this.
  13. W2K

W2K

Boy George in “nasty piece of work” non-shocker.

14. I always felt they looked really... dead? Lisa especially. I prefer my Steps covers with a bit more life to them.

dangeleyes and Mvnl like this.
  15. pdf

pdf

I thought George sounded a bit strange last night when talking?

16. The all black Buzzz cover just doesn't work, it doesn't match the fun of the album and it's not flattering for anyone except Claire, they look washed out.

17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The standard Buzz cover is a classic while the International one….let’s just say it wouldn’t entice me to buy the album.

dangeleyes and Mvnl like this.
  18. No, It’s definitely not what we want from Steps.

Was Claire on the helicopter last night? I’ve seen pics of the other four inside but not her.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    unidan82 likes this.
  19. My personal favourite Buzz artwork is the Asian one.

it bugs me slightly that Faye is off centre but I prefer the colours and styling overall
    E7AA573E-BE13-462D-81F4-352C479A2974.jpeg

20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I do like those colors but the composition feels a bit off. Perhaps if they had put the Buzz-logo in the right top corner?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.