Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection | Page 3266 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Do we know if there were any songs that were considered as singles but didn't happen back in the early days? (I assume/vaguely remember Love U More?) Also possibly ones that were considered to be released earlier/later? (like: were the lead singles set in stone?)

saturdays20 likes this.
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

People losing it over a.....Mollie King leak. Some of you have obviously let this sun get to you.

3. W2K

W2K

Mollie’s version was called Beat of My Heart, I remember hearing about it around the Hair Down days. Songs often have different working titles.

Mvnl likes this.
  4. W2K

W2K

No one’s losing it? We’re just commenting on a demo…

Shockbox, studeane12, TMI and 2 others like this.
  5. I'm sure I heard on the grapevine that there's quite a bit of Mollie out there, but I don't know any more than that. I'm not even a Mollie fan but I think I prefer this to the Steps version, it feels fresher in some way.

goldfish likes this.
  6. Stompin' (instead of Last Thing On My Mind)

Mvnl likes this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh right. Would love to hear that but it's so odd to imagine that on the album. 5,6,7,8 already is quite an anomoly there.

8. I never quite liked To The Beat until recently, after Part II campaign was over. My dream version of To The Beat is Lee doing the lead in the chorus. Love you Claire, but I would love to hear Lee's voice prominent in the chorus.

actorandlyricist and JamieHT like this.
  9. Someone must have it somewhere

erikssonvagen likes this.
  10. You did something like this in the Spice Girls thread the other day, I know it's hot out but you're not the raincloud we're looking for!

Blue6010, Aiden, RoffleMayo and 8 others like this.
  11. This just comes across a bit mean spirited. People can't say that they like the demo version of a song without being made to feel like they're being silly? Nobody was losing anything.

Aiden, RoffleMayo, Shockbox and 7 others like this.
  12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I'm sorry.

13. The song found its rightful owner and it's Steps. I've read someone say their version is overdone but I don't see how I could go on about my life without listening to their godly prechorus where Lisa, Claire and Faye are basically yelling out notes.

LPMA and Mvnl like this.
  14. The original demo is great because of this. Hence why I love the Saint mix so much.

unidan82 and erikssonvagen like this.
  15. This heat wave the UK is currently facing is making me feel like I want A Hundred Years Of Winter right about now!

16. This is closest you’ll get. I don’t mind FFR, they had a decent song or two, but I DETEST this - so happy Steps scrapped it

17. I Love Christmas Time snapped actually.

unidan82 and Mvnl like this.
  18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh yeah I know the song, that album is still on my wishlist and was surprisingly decent!

19. Thank God that did not happen.

20. Thank god for Pete Waterman's vision!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.