Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection | Page 3319 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - The #1 Platinum Collection

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I wasn’t going to bother with this release since I had all the tracks via other albums and formats but when they sneaked the tour version of After The Love Has Gone onto digital last minute I caved. What an outstanding arrangement by genius Mr Steve Anderson. And actually what a great collection of bangers for any casual fan. The Runner is fine - I actually didn’t know the Three Degrees version so always associated it with Bananarama which I loved…. So jury out on this but always nice to get more Lee solo vocals.

actorandlyricist, Mvnl and MB like this.
  2. The only thing I don't like with The Runner is the clarity of their voice is even worse than I Will Love Again, it's like converted from cassette. I'm sure it's just the style they chose, but I just don't like it. I love they changed the structure to verse, verse, chorus, verse, verse, chorus so I'm not bored with the chorus like the original.

unidan82 likes this.
  3. Ahhhh makes sense.
    Can’t believe they used the ugly cover from that unofficial greatest hits and b-sides cd that was out years ago on the cover.

Mvnl likes this.
  4. It's probably down to perceived recognition, because Deeper Shade of Blue only has about 6 million plays (3.1 radio edit plus 2.8 album version) vs Scared's 13 million. They have lots of classic hits with more streams.

5. I love Lee’s sparkly sliver shoes on the inside picture in the vinyl (the picture with the balloons), anyone know where get them from?

actorandlyricist likes this.
  6. MB

MB

saturdays20 and blaze_dave like this.
  7. SBK

SBK

Deeper Shade of Blue has always been track one on DSPs, no idea why. Perhaps they feel it'll tempt casuals into listening to more than Scared of the Dark?

Yeah, there are some strange choices of background images...

8. blaze_dave and MB like this.
  9. MB

MB

blaze_dave likes this.
  10. I was really hoping for a revisited 5678 because the Party version with the guitars just made it sound huge.

11. The last 2 replies have got me realising I don't even know what product I'm getting at the HMV signing today... I just deposited the money happily. How far I've come from refusing to buy a physical What The Future Holds until I saw how pretty they were on the tele.

iveivan and actorandlyricist like this.
  12. If there are any Steve mixes on the midweek digital, I'd imagine 5678 is a likely contender.

13. gas

gas

Can someone give the breakdown differences here, so I can make sure I get them right and sorted? ie. Verse 1 and Verse 2 differences.

14. The last two lines of the second pre-chorus have Claire vocals on streaming (since they updated) and only Lisa on CD. I think that's it.

actorandlyricist and popjunkie like this.
  15. Hopefully the sign some extra splatter versions and put them out

16. Whilst putting my platinum versions in my collector cupboard unopened as I'm sure we all do, I found the 10 copies of what the future holds part 2 individual covers. 2 of each member.

Fml.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  17. No sign of my bundle nor any information available on tracking.. why I paid for the express delivery I have no idea

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.