Steps - What The Future Holds + General Discussion | Page 2905 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I’m at the Birmingham shows on 5th and 6th!

jtm, Chips111 and TMI like this.
  2. Go in, show your confirmation at the checkout and they’ll give you the CD and a wristband, then join the queue. I was towards the back end of the queue today but it went down really quickly.

popBrit likes this.
  3. It's never too early to start making suggestions for the next album, right? Right! I was listening to this (the Agnetha version) earlier today and have determined that they should cover it.

I just know there's a pop anthem in there trying to get out, but neither Aggie's nor the Fizz's version quite takes it there. I feel like Steps and Initial Talk could.

4. the video is unavailable in my country (Australia) but in a recent interview with Cant Stop the Pop Darren called out ‘Chained to You’ as a good option for Steps to cover- right on the money!

I’d also love to see them cover I Know A Place by MUNA, Hard 2 Forget by VINCINT and The Loving Kind or Call The Shots by Girls Aloud.

Ezz and Mvnl like this.
  5. Tried putting together a compilation of parts 1 and 2 but its just too damn hard. Best I could come up with;

1. What the Future Holds
    2. Something in Your Eyes
    3. The Slightest Touch
    4. Wasted Tears
    5. One Touch
    6. Under My Skin
    7. Take Me for a Ride
    8. To the Beat of My Heart
    9. A Hundred Years of Winter
    10. Heartbreak in This City
    11. Living in a Lie
    12. Trouble & Love
    13. To the One

6. I keep trying to listen to the album from start to finish, but once I get to to 'Living In A Lie' I find it physically impossible not to listen to it about 5 or 6 times back to back. A pop masterpiece!

7. Hoping so. If not it’s getting returned. It didn’t arrive as expected anyway!

8. Surely there'll be a TV ad during this mornings cooking programme Fayes on?

unidan82 likes this.
  9. Pt. 2 is so good! They really do just keep on delivering. Wasted Tears, A Hundred Years of Winter and A Million Years are my standouts on first listen (aside from what we’ve heard already).

jtm, GodsAndMonsters, CLJC87 and 3 others like this.
  10. I'm just really happy A) they are still making music and B) the music is this good.

After Light Up the World (which I actually really liked but I know others did not) I thought that might be it. Tears on the Dancefloor was just SO damn good and these new albums are really great too. In a pop music landscape of Ed Sheeran and Lewis Capaldi, I'm glad we've had Steps to keep us going in 2020/2021!

Nephilim, WhipperSnapper, jtm and 8 others like this.
  11. TMI

TMI

I can’t help but add the sample of Gimme Gimme Gimme by Abba during the bridge after the second chorus of Living in a Lie.

12. My order has arrived!!! All the individual cds, the deluxe, vinyl and cassette! So happy!! I wasn’t expecting the deluxe to be like a book

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  13. TMI

TMI

See you there! Where are your seats? Mine are in block 16, row K.

14. Reminder that today is the last day to watch the Radio 2 concert on iPlayer.

The upload says it expires at 11.59pm tonight.

Bookwormboy likes this.
  15. It’s giving me As Good As New/Angeleyes vibes, which of course is an amazing thing!

actorandlyricist likes this.
  16. The highlights is on bbc red button but is only showing What The Future Holds and Tragedy

17. The original To The Beat Of My Heart was a grower for me, but bloody hell the acoustic-non-acoustic is my ultimate version.

18. The album is growing with repeated listens. I am really starting to love the contrast in sound between the verses and chorus of Living In A Lie. It's like the verses are the dark and dramatic relationship and the chorus is that uplifting empowering moment of clarity when you leave said relationship.

poploz and actorandlyricist like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.