Steps - What The Future Holds + General Discussion | Page 2941 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Perhaps.. though maybe they found with the previous releases that people were more likely to buy only one vinyl because they were more expensive. Or the global issue with production delays made it difficult to offer more than one.

mrp2910 likes this.
  2. Let's hope

3. A #1 could carry more weight for promo opportunies for the Greatest Hits - I'm still hoping for a 25 Years of STEPSAn Audience With... on ITV1

4. I'm surprised the #1 album in 4 decades spin hasn't been pushed at a angle, Kylie's team sure used it

5. W2K

W2K

They're filming "very very exciting things" today according to H's Instagram story, I'd imagine it's backdrops for the tour or a video.

6. Is a greatest hits really that likely? I know it's possible to do - Sophie EB did it of course. But does the expense of licencing the old tracks from Sony make it unviable, especially as there's 5 of them and they didn't write the songs.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  7. I guess they won’t do it at this angle but I really want More Steps Gold rather than another greatest hits with Tragedy on it.

8. They might do a deluxe hits package featuring a third CD of fan favourites / album tracks / bsides.

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I assume they meant 'the hits since Gold'.
    Which I wouldn't mind either (apart from hardly any being hits) but just throw in a disc 1 of the older hits too to make it sell.

10. I think if it’s a compilation for next year, we’ll be definitely looking at whole career spanning album.

jtm likes this.
  11. My bundle from the official store still hasn't shipped and thats's 3 copies. What the hell are they waiting for?

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It only makes sense when it's celebrating 25 years.
    (also a recapture from 2011 till now would feel a bit like closing a chapter again)

13. Only really big artists like ABBA and Madonna can get away with doing a "vol 2" sort of best of, that excludes their earlier biggest hits. Any best of would have to include the early hits. I suppose they could re-record them.

jtm, Tony Lamezma and Mvnl like this.
  14. Mine hasn’t either.

It’s a replacement order, but she said it could take up to a week, which seems insane.

15. The Greatest Hits next year should comprise of studio versions of the tour versions of songs they’ve done from the Steve Anderson produced tours, perhaps with new vocals and all.

That would include keeping some songs to medleys so that all the new singles can fit on, as well as the fan favourites like Paradise Lost and Luv U More.

One can dream I suppose.

16. W2K

W2K

Yes absolutely 100% to all of this.

poploz, Kylemj and Stewart like this.
  17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I guess the current tour might also be rebranded so they can release 'The Greatest Hits - Live!' next year?

18. MB

MB

On Faye's latest IG story Claire's hair looks very 60's...Not 80's (for a slightest touch video) unfortunately.

19. I can confirm I went to Sheffield and bought the rainbow edition from HMV.

Yay me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.