Steps - What The Future Holds + General Discussion | Page 2962 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. MB

MB

I wouldn't call it panicking, I'd call it drive and passion and a 'want' for that number one position. They deserve it.

2. Oh I didn't mean it in a negative way at all man, they absolutely deserve it, and I've never wanted it so much for them. Even just as a celebration for how much solid pop music they've given us since 2017. I think it's fantastic that they're doing everything they can. Imagine how different a position they'd be in if they still had Stephen Howard managing them in a scenario like this, he wouldn't had had anywhere near the motivation Fascination have.

3. However I think with more planning i.e at least one more format then they could have breezed this week.

Stewart, #PopETC, Chips111 and 2 others like this.
  4. Black vinyl would have been nice

5. It would be complete desperation but those Studio Tour versions would have been an easy way to snatch it over 300 copies.

meeks, jtm, Jacques and 5 others like this.
  6. Scream at them offering a fan a gold disc of an album that hasn’t gone gold.

Exciting that they’re filming today though. I saw a church in the background of H’s Insta stories and stupidly got excited that it’s maybe a music video that harks back to the Tragedy video.

7. The lack of a black vinyl is baffling and they could've done an alternative (unsigned) group cover CD alongside the signed individual bundles.

I'm really surprised they didn't pull a Manics and add a signed print or an incentive onto the discounted bundles. Even the competition "win a meet and greet!" is a bit silly when it clearly says everyone who's purchased will be entered anyway. At least it's promising that they've closed the gap this week.

8. Even just a CD with alternate photos for the artwork, or a super deluxe with some additional (Melfest covers) tracks.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  9. Do I even need to say what the clip was? Screenshot_20210916-152948_Messenger.jpg

10. Any vinyl outside of their webstore would have been nice. The Afterparty/Morning After editions outside of their webstore would have been nice. What is it with BMG and Townsend exclusives?! (I assume it's a higher profit margin, but geez, sometimes you have to give that up for a larger economy of scale. I know nothing about economics and I understand this.)

11. Or Afterparty and Morning After on CD, honestly.

12. #TBT to me wishing they'd cover Verona during the Tears era to the point of even making a fantasy line distribution for it, deciding they definitely wouldn't cover anything Eurovision related and then getting THREE melfest covers lol

13. No the gap has decreased by 1200 since yesterday so they gained good ground. The 300 figure that was mentioned earlier was just the rounded down number for today but it's actually 330.
    I feel like we're never getting them, but I totally agree. What a missed opportunity.

14. I must say I wasn’t that into Take Me For A Ride but the 7th Heaven Remix has made me love it!

15. This must be the closest chart battle they've had as well? I don't think it's come down to being this tight in the past, especially with the gap between the two narrowing as the week's gone on.

They must be so nervous and excited for the announcement tomorrow. We've all said it a hundred times but of course a number 2 album is still mightily impressive. Any artist would kill to have a 2-2-2 chart streak for 3 new albums over 20 years into their career. But if they do get that number 1 I hope they're all together when it's announced and it had better be filmed!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  16. I really hope they can Groovejet this on the last day.

Starfury, -Jay-, AlmostFamous and 9 others like this.
  17. I wonder how many sales just us in the thread have contributed. Mine is 11

unidan82, jtm and Chips111 like this.
  18. MB

MB

I don't even dare count mine / how much money I've spent on them this past week alone.

19. Mine is 29. So the gap would be 358 If i was normal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.