Steps - What The Future Holds + General Discussion | Page 2966 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Yay for a location video! They all seem so chilled/comfortable and like they're genuinely enjoying it all this era; it's so nice to see.

Yeah, the outfits (especially Lisa's coat) scream wintery ballad aka A Hundred Years of Winter. I'm not against it as a winter/Christmassy single but really hope they release another uptempo single before then. I know it's highly unlikely but we can dream

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

A pretty big thread could probably be dedicated to 'sticker songs that never became actual singles'

3. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

There isn't one already in a certain subsection?

Tony Lamezma and Mvnl like this.
  4. I reckon we'll only get one more single from this album, and I imagine that will be "100 Years of Winter". All signs point to it don't they.

I wouldn't mind a third at all, but what do we think it would be, and really what purpose would it serve if the tour is done and the album has left the charts and there's nothing left to promote.

Mvnl likes this.
  5. Hopefully an acoustic mix of A Hundred Years of Winter appears at some point, it’d lend itself perfectly.

Hybridcookie, andru, CLJC87 and 3 others like this.
  6. A Hundred Years Of Winter is the only other obvious single and it’s absolutely the right choice. One of their finest songs.

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

True. Also it might convince some people to get the album who haven't yet. Only for them to be let down by nothing else like it being on there.
    Pretty much all the other songs cater to people who would already own it anyway.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  8. Signed vinyl dispatched. Woo!

And a location shoot.... finally It's about time.
    And looks like it totally suits the song as well.
    But I wonder what that song could be? Hmmmm

9. jtm

jtm

My signed vinyl was just dispatched too so maybe these sales were not included in yesterday‘s tally.

10. How long do we have left of buying physical copies? Or has it all been done now?

11. Bit of a random question... How many of you guys actively learn their dance routines now-a-days?

Personally, I don't ever do them, but I absolutely know the video choreo and the live performance choreo to every single. Am I alone? Tell you I'm a loser without telling you I'm a loser, right?

12. In stores until midnight. Online, if they dispatch tonight its not too late.

13. Either push the Slightest Touch or Living in a lie in Spring when they get ready to release the cd single box...

Flaming-Wallet-Magic-Trick.gif

14. I'm a bit of a bad fan and haven't properly learnt a dance routine since Stomp.

I try but I can never pick them up, so more practice need.

Besides (even though I can't sing) I'm more into the Vocals/Lyrics. Of which Steps are just as great in!

15. Can we not reignite the good ol' double A side?

Push A Hundred Years Of Winter as a Christmas/Winter ballad (akin to Heartbeat/Words Are Not Enough) and The Slightest Touch as the New Years party bop (a la Tragedy/Better The Devil You Know).

2 separate videos and a truckload of various remixes/acoustic etc.

16. I love that idea. Yet I'm not sure how a double A side would work in this climate. As it's essentially a songs chart and not really a singles chart. So they would both have to be charted separately.
    But released in quick succession of each other could work.

17. Don't talk (but please talk) about a possible CD box set.
    As it's anniversary year next year they are going to rinse us dry no doubt.

LoveUMore2017, mrp2910 and #PopETC like this.
  18. The singles aren’t going to chart anyway, realistically, so they could easily do it, and ABBA have been a clear recent example of being able to release a double-A-side. But it all depends on whether the band, their management and their label feel it would be financially viable to spend on two videos at once.

19. You’re actually right, this would be the perfect final push. As much as I prefer “Ride” it seems a real waste to leave “The Slightest Touch” buried on the album when it’s their favourite, or one of their favourites. And a double A side is the only thing they haven’t brought back with them. If ABBA can do it, there’s no reason why not. But maybe the budget isn’t there for two videos.

20. So that's now the Afterparty and Morning After editions bought. I see what was meant about the download section of that site, I clicked to download the whole of both albums, yet there's songs missing in my folder. I know I can download the missing one separately, but I'm guessing it'll all still count seeing as I've clicked the option? What a mes.

Oh, and also picked up an iTunes download. Because at £4.99 it would have been rude not to.

jtm, MB, Chips111 and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.