Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 2623 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. It's going to be interesting to see how much reach the Michelle collaboration has

Starfury likes this.
  2. MB

MB

Faye seems to be holding the fort for initial promo
    25/02/21 - 8am Hits Radio Pride with Michelle
    25/02/21 - 830am Gaydio with Michelle
    26/02/21 - Q&A raising funds for LGBTYS. YouTube from 9pm
    28/02/21 - “wearegorgeousfm” from 10am.
    28/02/21 - Solihull Radio Musical Theatre Show 11:15am-12:15pm.

Plus the “music sounds better” podcast.

3. Good ol' Faye.

4. Someone who claims to have heard it.

They didn't play the 'you want to do Steps, you do all the promo' card did they?

5. This not getting a video will be the real heartbreak.

For me, along with “Scared Of The Dark”, “What The Future Holds” and “Something In Your Eyes”, this is top tier post-comeback material from them, and actually in general. It feels forward thinking even though it’s nostalgic, the 80s vibe really suits them. If this is what Twigg is bringing these days, I’m here for more of it!

Hopefully they’ll get a performance of some kind and a dance routine, the song is crying out for one!

unidan82 likes this.
  6. I'd love to see/hear In it for Love - live.

7. I was bored so made an attempt at an artwork for Heartbreak In This City with the band on, which was hard without a good copy of the new logo. It’s nothing exceptional, but at least better than a clip art skyline.

8972F942-76F1-499B-82B6-BA4F9DA5071F.jpeg

POPGASM, GodsAndMonsters, LPT and 6 others like this.
  8. MB

MB

I’m pretty sure they’ll be a video. Michelle’s been less than subtle when asked.

9. Squee! It sounds great!

10. Well Michelle has her own lines and the production changes are brilliant. They’ve just released their best single in years.

Adora Day, Matgo and Mvnl like this.
  11. Michelle sounds good and very much like Faye on both of the verses.

The chorus has had a huge bass upgrade, but almost like the vocal has been pushed a bit further back.

And the bells are very prominent.

I like it a lot. It was a bop anyway, but this is really good.

EDIT: Hmmm, I wasn't fond of Michelle's vocal on the middle 8, but the adlibs are good.

unidan82, poploz, Starfury and 2 others like this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It somehow sounds way more oldskool Steps than the album version and I'm here for it

13. W2K

W2K

That’s a stretch. It is good though.

The new production is fabulous, not so keen on Michelle’s vocal on the middle 8 but I’ll just edit Lisa and Claire back in I think.

14. upload_2021-2-25_7-58-8.gif

15. That's by far the weakest part. That vocal is really dry and undercooked. It needed a bit of tweaking. It sounds a bit odd.

16. Well Michelle sounds fabulous. Love the extra flourishes, bells and beefed up sound. 10/10 from me!
    Let's all pray for a video now!

17. Well I was underwhelmed with that. The middle 8 isn't as punching. Was expecting more ramped up instrumentals.
    Michelle was OK in the 1st verse.

Let's hope it does it's job and widenes the Steps casual fanbase/listeners.

(Poor Lee)

18. W2K

W2K

Maybe a vocal sparring between Michelle, Claire and Lisa would’ve been better at that bit?

actorandlyricist likes this.
  19. MB

MB

I love it, the added production on the track is great. I agree about the middle 8 but you’re never going to please everyone. Now let’s and wait for it to become a global number one smash.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.