Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 2821 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I'm happy to say that my faith has been restored by "The Slightest Touch". I was incredulous when I listened to the Five Star and Louise versions ... I really didn't think much of the song itself. But in true Steps' fashion, they've made it incredible! I have a love/hate relationship with "Take Me for a Ride" ... I'm just a bit baffled by it, honestly. I really disliked it at first, but fell in love for about a day, and since then, it's just been a bit underwhelming for me. The discordant composition is just not my cup of tea at all. I was starting to think that What the Future Holds Part II would be their worst outing since Light up the World. Now, thankfully, I have more hope for it. I think we were just so spoiled with extraordinarily high caliber songs on Tears on the Dancefloor and What the Future Holds Part I.

2. This is just the best.

3. W2K

W2K

The Slightest Touch has definitely solidified my need for Steps to give me countless bangers and nothing else. This is them at their best for me.

4. ‘The Slightest Touch’ is an absolute adrenaline rush and really should’ve been the lead.

The spoken middle eight with Faye and Lee, Lisa cooing over the top, Claire going absolutely wild and then the instrumental going borderline Clubland. *chefs kiss*

5. W2K

W2K

I need The Slightest Touch merch immediately, preferably better quality than the Heartbreak merch.

6. The Slightest Touch is an absolute bop.

I didn’t pay much attention to the announcement of the album a few months back but now want to get a vinyl - is it exclusive to TMStores? It’s listed as an exclusive and I haven’t found it on a few other retailers I’ve looked at. If that’s the case I might wait and hope it’s available elsewhere on release week - TMStore’s shipping prices are extortionate.

7. Why is take me for a ride not on the new album? There’s a remix but not the single mix?

8. SBK

SBK

And hopefully it'll arrive (in time for steps 30th)

W2K likes this.
  9. SBK

SBK

It's track one.

10. W2K

W2K

The album version is the first song, they’re saving it for the release.

11. Gonna be late logging on for work but christ, The Slightest Touch is serotonin.

12. The Slightest Touch is an incredible song. the Five Star Version is still the best

Bookwormboy and Anjoel40 like this.
  13. MB

MB

14. I was just thinking about how their release strategy could've been so much better optimized for streaming. Instead of hiding these remixes in a Slightest Touch ep, they should have released the remix as standalone singles (esp. those by slightly higher profile remixers like Initial Talk and Alphalove) to consistently engage listeners and use the streaming algorithms to their advantage.

Their product manager at BMG needs a stern talking to!

actorandlyricist likes this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I wish I heard what most of you heard. I like the Faye/Claire moment but the production reminds me of those session singer Almighty Records singles and something about the melody doesn't hook me either. 0 out of 2 for me thusfar which saddens me

Wait.. it sounds better in that Tiktok video than on Spotify to me? Hmm

RoffleMayo and AcerBenII like this.
  16. Wouldn’t be mad if this was actually the video - at least it looks less forced than To The Beat of My Heart. They look like they are having proper fun and not forced fun - even Lee! - and there are some genuinely funny moments.

17. OMG 80's heaven!
    I did not realise this until now. Steps and 80's are a dream.

The Slightest Touch what a jam. Only one listen and I'm hooked.

Remixes
    Initial Talk (amazing love it, and the Lee chorus. Adds a lot to the song) We need more Initial Talk remixes (am I becoming a remix convert?)

7th Heaven (again great really adding more to the track)

Shortland (bit too generic, not a lover of this one)

18. Corso and Mvnl like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.