Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 2822 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Lee

Lee

ITS SOOO GOOD!!!

2. Oooh can not wait now!

3. W2K

W2K

4. Excellent. My favourite single from my favourite ever group and Steps have done it justice. I love that it is a real homage to the Pettibone Remix. Looking forward to the remixes. It's funny that Almighty are remixing it as they remixed the Denise solo version from 2014. I'd like to hear a mashup as Claire's vocal power matches Denise's.

5. First thought with that vertical video was, “Oh Christ, it’s Blackpool again”

But there’s actually something really charming about just seeing them having fun with each other. Especially their ‘Ibiza’ dancing.

Winner.

6. I sincerely wonder if you have to be British to get it. The Almighty comparison is spot-on - well, 7th Heaven are both ex-Almighty members, so that tracks - but I love a lot of Almighty's covers more than this. I think part of why it's good but not amazing for me is that it sounds too much like a remix. (And conversely, the Initial Talk remix of Ride doesn't.)
    No, you're definitely right.

The video would be great if it weren't fecking vertical.

actorandlyricist and Mvnl like this.
  7. I'm a little confused how I've never been a fan of the original and yet I think this version is incredible.

8. W2K

W2K

Lee's vocal on on the Initial Talk Remix of Ride is fabulous, I wish it was louder in the original mix.

9. God, I fancy Lee so much.

10. W2K

W2K

You're only human!

11. *Yuman

[​IMG]

12. Anusual

13. W2K

W2K

TOUCH ME THAT'S WHERE IT'S AAAAAATTTTT

*poppers o'clock*

WHAT A MOMENT

14. What a banging bop.

15. This is giving me full PWL Kylie vibes and I am living.

Why isn’t Kylie giving us songs like this.

16. That instrumental is where it's at. I love the 00s Eurodance vibes threaded through it.

17. Because Steps are singing it.

18. Wasn't that fussed on first listen... Then put headphones on.

[​IMG]

19. Same boat. I would never in a million years go back to the original. It was so dull.

This felt like the first time I'd heard the song. What a total triumph. This fucking bangs.

No iTunes number 1 this time though. Fucking Sheeran released his new one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.