Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 2920 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Come through with the Night In/Night Out bundle!!!

2. 3000? Wow.

With another couple of formats, maybe?

3. I bought the Chalky’s poster + CD

[​IMG]

4. Do we know what sort of numbers Night In/Night Out did the last time? I always feel like it was just the die-hards who bought them. I just can't think what they could possibly have left in the tank to give us, I feel like they emptied it with this Part 2 given it was meant to be a deluxe originally. Would love to be surprised yet again though! Thank God (or Fascination & BMG) that we actually had as many formats as we did though, or we could be looking at a much less impressive entry!

actorandlyricist and Chips111 like this.
  5. MB

MB

"Steps currently have the most downloaded album of the week" so basically it's the 78 different LP formats the Manic's are winning with.
    I'm shocked we've not got a new format dropped - surely a signed vinyl would get them a couple of thousand, or maybe they've had enough of signing everything and anything.

6. At this point I think owning something unsigned by Steps is probably a novelty.

7. Is anyone else a little big gutted that it's so close yet so far again.

8. Yes, particularly as it seems we might be watching them close the gap as the week goes on. How agonisingly close are they going to be?

On the subject of This Morning, I'm not pinning my hopes on anything amazing. I fully expect either Tragedy and Deeper Shade, or a medley and Take Me For A Ride. But it's such a shit set up in that studio, the performances are usually not great.

I'm getting flashbacks of their really rough Dancing With a Broken Heart performance.

Chris Lala and actorandlyricist like this.
  9. SBK

SBK

haha, I think there's been so many signed formats since 2017 that doing a new unsigned format would be more sought after...

I remember back in the day getting something signed and it being a big deal, now everyone signs everything...

To be honest, once streaming is added, both will likely miss out on #1 to Drake.

Bookwormboy, actorandlyricist and MB like this.
  10. MB

MB

Manics are doing one of those acoustic sessions tickets/cd bundle on sale tomorrow so that'll bag them another few hundred sales. They're not going down without a fight. Streaming is also added tomorrow so Drake will win them both,

blaze_dave and actorandlyricist like this.
  11. Looks like the vinyl has gone from their store!

12. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Nice try with the shimmery pink background, lads, but I’m not tempted.

13. I think they really need to announce whatever new format might be in existence today to get that boost. The fact that all us serious fans have already bought our copies could mean the gap will actually just get larger and larger through the week if Manics fans are less, well, manic, and simply buy through the week. They may also have more casual supporters. I feel more annoyed this time because with Sheeran and Barlow they had such big budgets/promo etc that it felt like, "OK, nothing can be done", but The Manics aren't in that league any more, or are they?!

actorandlyricist likes this.

14. You two have very evil energy right now.

15. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

If We Tolerate This, Then Ed Sheeran Will Be Next.

Come on extra digital formats!

16. Yeah I think it’ll be a battle for #2 and #3 positions once streaming is added.

17. I'm guessing that another vinyl format would have closed that sales gap considerably.

I thought they'd go really over the top with the formats this to around to bag a number-one. Steps stans have proven they'll buy anything and everything.

18. The only way they can close that gap now would be a brand new vinyl variant / colour, which is highly unlikely, or a signed cassette bundle of 5 covers / editions.

Jacques and actorandlyricist like this.
  19. Strange that they didn’t keep the bundle! Unless they’re adjusting the price…

blaze_dave and actorandlyricist like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.