Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 2937 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Steps are always going to do a Greatest Hits tour. In the way that like, Kylie and Cher are. They have all those hits, and everybody wants to hear them. I think this is sort a way of shifting whatever tickets are left. There aren't many.

2. I mean, they only did 6 new songs on the Party tour, the other 18 tracks were all oldies so nothing new there.

3. Agreed, there really is only some seats left so might as well sell the remaining ones on it being Greatest Hits angle.

4. Loved the performances, they look great, sound great, so glad that they are back on TV!

Heartbreak has passed 2 million streams on Spotify now. That’s got to be one of their most streamed from the newer material?

Any idea when midweeks are going to be announced to see if Steps have caught up?

actorandlyricist likes this.
  5. I've literally watched the video once when it came out and that was it. It has no rewatchability for me at all

6. If ticket sales have been a bit slow to date; it’s probably because people (til now) haven’t known how COVID will affect gigs. Now that the UK is free it makes sense to go hard on the nostalgia angle since there’s no lingering doubt as to whether it’ll go ahead. There’s a whole bunch of brits who have spent the last 18 months inside and need a bright STEPTACULAR night out whereas the WTFH branding is a bit moodier

7. It's true! This is already in the bag and takes zero effort to chuck this on their tmstore to get those extra sales! Take my moneyyyyyyyyyy

actorandlyricist and poploz like this.
  8. Been a huge while since I have posted in here. But I am following this chart battle so closely. They really do deserve that number 1. We have been absolutely spoilt this week. Splatter vinyl arrives today and ordered my Lisa signed CD. Wonder if they have any last minute stuff up their sleeve. Hopefully we get a chart update this morning.

Both performances on This morning were great. Tight harmonies, great wardrobe and staging/Choreography.

Do we think they are done with adding the individual cds now. I think they could definitely nap few more 5 cd bundle sales.

Faye and Claire are both now sold out.

jtm and actorandlyricist like this.
  9. MB

MB

Excited to see where we’re upto with today’s chart update. Just remember that those signed vinyls won’t count yet as they’ve not been dispatched yet and I don’t think they’ll count till they have…

10. Hopefully they have managed to bridge the gap close enough so those vinyls dispatched later today manage to get them over the finished line!

11. I've streamed the album at least 30-40 times today, as well as every day since release. And thats not counting the 9 physical versions I bought, haha. They need this #1.

12. You only need to stream it 10 times a day. Apparently any more has no impact on the chart.

If the vinyls haven't been counted, then technically if they were only 1000 copies behind yesterday and they have sold the same amount as the Manics then they've snuck to the top.

19 versions and still if they bring out another 2 digital formats for a tenner to make sure it gets to number 1, then I'm ready to part with my tenner.

jtm, MB and actorandlyricist like this.
  13. Only if using the same platform swapping between Spotify, YouTube etc and possibly using YouTube logged out on a different browser so you are not tracked (not 100%) sure though

actorandlyricist and Chips111 like this.
  14. I've definitely been using my Spotify, my significant others Spotify, YouTube, ect.

I may or may not have been called fanatical more than a few times so far this week.

15. Didn't see this posted yet

16. SBK

SBK

I wonder if they would do 2 digital deluxe like last year. Pre-drinks and the after party!

17. I thought it was going to be a medley of the new album. :(

18. I really hope so, that would give them a really strong last push for number one, I’m sure!

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Was Deeper Shade always one of their 'biggest hits' back in the day (didn't feel like the biggest to me, probably due to it being a 4th single) or do they just keep performing it/putting it in these medleys because it's a bit edgier than other old songs/it gives H a verse to do/throughout the years it became more of a classic while other oldies of theirs aged worse?

actorandlyricist and rubirubi like this.
  20. To The Beat Of My Heart should've been saved for launching Pt 2. It did not deserve the low key 'push' and also Ride isn't as good as they think it is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.