Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 2939 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. £14 for the album and a ticket to a performance?? That's obscene. They'll sell out in a minute flat. Wow.

I've no idea what the capacity for that venue is, but any extra sales are good. They better get those albums shipped immediately to help defeat the Manics!

2. I don't know why they didn't package the BBC 2 concert with a digital edition of the album.
    That visual content surely would've pushed a few more units.
    I'm in Australia and I would've gotten a digital copy to be able to see that content (which is geo-blocked).

3. MB

MB

I don’t think they’d be able to as the BBC won’t be allowed to sell their content like that. I’m presuming they’ll be some legal crap preventing it anyway.

4. Yeah, I don’t think the BBC can monetise content unless it’s through the commercial BBC Worldwide arm.

blaze_dave and actorandlyricist like this.

5. Surely some more of these to flog albums would be great. 5 tickets = 5 sales etc etc

Chips111, actorandlyricist and ~Paul~ like this.
  6. Well, I'm not sure why not. Although technically, we've already paid for it as it's funded through our TV License, the BBC does sell DVDs/Blu-rays of their comedy series and other shows.

7. Do we have a concrete answer on why no "Slightest Touch" video yet?
    What a huge thumping mistake

8. AU exclusive deluxe edition?

AussiePopstar likes this.
  9. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

It just doesn't work like that. It's all some weird thing about them not being able to profit from selling their broadcasts, which is why there's a separate BBC Studios company which has to do that, and it's highly unlikely to be anything other than physical formats on which they would ever do that, not digital.

Bookwormboy, blaze_dave and ~Paul~ like this.
  10. Apart from anything else, it costs a lot of money to licence performances from the BBC.

Bookwormboy and SockMonkey like this.
  11. They're 1,500 behind today

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Bring out the afterparty already!

13. Was yesterday the Manic’s ticket bundle? If we’ve got the vinyls to be dispatched and the ticket bundle then this could be tight.

I wish they’d hurry up with the Afterparty. I think we’d have it

14. Yikes getting slightly further behind. I thought we would have caught up a little bit more

DoggySwami likes this.
  15. They're going to need a considerable bump in sales to overcome that at this point in the week. They really needed to have closed the gap considerably.

Bugger.

Chips111 and actorandlyricist like this.
  16. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Afterparty. Edition. Get. It. Out. NOW!

17. Is this your now called ‘The Greatest Hits Tour’? Picture on H Instagram showing Sophie supporting them on tour and says ‘Steps Greatest Hits Tour’ on image. Thought Steps 25 wasn’t till next year?

18. Well none of the signed Vinyls have been shipped. So fingers crossed.

19. Some members were discussing this a few pages back and they think that it’s being marketed as “The Greatest Hits Tour” to sell the last remaining tickets

Whosthatboy122 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.