Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 2947 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. W2K

W2K

The Morning After the Night Before Edition is coming tomorrow.

2. I mean there’s 50+ remixes/acoustics/karaoke from this whole era, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they released a 5 or 6 CD single boxset collecting them all in once place, to get a final bit of cash out of the era once the tour is over… perfectly in time for Christmas!

3. Are the karaoke versions instrumentals?

4. W2K

W2K

I love the Rogue Digit Slippery Dancefloor Mix of Take Me For a Ride, possibly my favourite mix from this era.

5. W2K

W2K

They have backing vocals.

6. The Night After the Day Before You Came Edition (including their version of Dancing Queen)

7. Really trying to work out whether I can make it to the Leeds intimate show. Not looking likely, but I'll have seen them 4 times that month so I'm not too worried!
    On the subject of the tour, Sheffield Arena have posted this about the show. Not sure about other venues on the tour...?
    We have been requested by the promoter of this event to implement the below Covid policy, this is part of this shows terms and conditions of entry to the Arena:-
    Ticket holders (and the rest of your party) will be required to present the NHS COVID pass in order to enter the venue, demonstrating that you have at least one of the following:
    · You have completed a full course of vaccination [at least 14 days ago].
    · You have received a negative PCR or lateral flow test result [within 36 hours of the event].
    · You have proof of natural immunity by way of a positive PCR test [at least 180 days ago].
    Failure to be able to produce the required certification will result in entry being refused.

Off to buy the Afterparty and Morning After downloads! Can't wait to hear the remixes and extras. Might treat myself to a final copy of the Chalkys CD with the poster too.
    I've been charged for my signed vinyls so they must be being shipped tomorrow?

I do like a good chart battle!

8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I definitely bought it on a whim because I was anticipating it but yeah the actual content... is meh

CLJC87 likes this.
  9. MB

MB

I mean the content I agree isn't amazing and I'm not a huge fan of mixes in general but for £8 even if you only like 3 or 4 of the songs it's a decent price compared to back in the day paying £4 for a CD single.
    You cannot deny they're giving us everything and more.

10. But doesn't it mean that the warm skies are changing a hundred years of winter. As in the warmth of the sun is thawing the frozen waste land. As in the power of love is healing what was damaged, etc, etc...

11. Luc

Luc

Can the Steps Store coupon be used for the pack of the two Digital Editions?

12. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

I assumed it meant instrumental, but of course karaoke isn’t always without backing vocals. I think I would have preferred proper instrumentals, I’m genuinely interested to hear that sort of stuff.

13. What The Future Holds: The Walk Of Shame Edition

14. MB

MB

Nope

Luc likes this.
  15. No, it can only be used for one of them so you can either get one for £3.99 or both for £9.98, £8.98 or £8.00

Luc likes this.
  16. Ok so that's the Afterparty and Moring After versions bought and downloaded. So now 10 versions of the same album purchased. I'm a mug! I'm officially a Steps Mug!!
    [​IMG]

17. That’s standard procedure now for most arenas and theatres. Other arenas for the tour will probably send a similar message out closer to the date.

Bookwormboy and Chips111 like this.
  18. Wednesday's midweek sales:

1 Manic Street Preachers - The Ultra Vivid Lament - 21.6k
    2 Steps - What the Future Holds, Part 2 - 20.1k

So Manics added 1.6k on Tuesday, versus Steps 1.2k. I think the Manics had a tour bundle which explains why they did double the sales compared to the day before. Tomorrow's update should include the dispatched signed vinyls for Steps I think? It's going to be very, very close.

~Paul~, actorandlyricist, jtm and 4 others like this.
  19. Yes, there are some Extended Remixes of Part 1 & 2 album tracks not surfaced yet?

actorandlyricist likes this.
  20. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

“The Manics” are selling copies of the CD bundled with signed prints of adverts for old albums and concerts. That definitely feels quite desperate!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.