Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 2972 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I didn't hate it strangely. I dunno why

2. Yes?

3. Didn't you say you're glad they're going for non covers for part 2? When more than a quarter of it is covers.

Unless I misunderstood, sorry if I did

4. 2 hours til Aus results!

5. W2K

W2K

There’s a reason it’s a sin to criticise Steve here - because 99% of the time, he gets it right. Including the moments you talk about, which were inspired and wonderful live. No one thinks any less of Steps because Steve threw in an I Will Survive sample or Steps sang a tiny bit of Can You Feel It. It freshens things up.

6. MB

MB

I see Manics snuck up to #2 on iTunes last night. It’s going to be so bloody close.

MadameX, Jacques, jtm and 5 others like this.
  7. -Jay-, andru, jtm and 15 others like this.
  8. 11? Two number ones? That’s hard to get, not everyone has that.

9. Good morning all in the UK- remember that number 2 is/would still be an incredible result if that's the way things end up!!

VivaForever, Robert, andru and 11 others like this.
  10. I’m dying of laughter….I love u!

11. Any indication if they have the number 1 or number 2 spot yet? I sure I remember on here last album or maybe it was ‘tears’ album some insiders knew at like midday Friday and posted on here?

actorandlyricist likes this.
  12. It's only 9.30am!

13. MB

MB

It's 9:26am

14. It's also false.

15. i know I meant will we know around midday / later in the day before official chart on radio?

actorandlyricist likes this.
  16. MB

MB

The album chart is revealed on Radio One at around 5pm, the chart is embargoed until then so I doubt we'll hear anything before then.

17. This week has been so exciting and the most I've been invested in a chart battle in years. We've done all we can now (I have never bought so many copies of an album on so many formats in my life!) so let's hope we get the result we want. It really is incredible when you think about it that Steps are going to be either #1 or #2 nearly 25 years into the career. They've given us a great album and they deserve this.

18. While we wait, if you’re wondering what the closest sales between number 1 and 2 on the album chart is in its history, it’s 4. Back in 2009, Gaga held on to the top spot for a second week by the slimmest of margins.

https://www.musicweek.com/news/read/gaga-edges-it-in-albums-chart/039753

And whoever ends up in second place will just be adding to their long list of number 2 hits. If you think Steps have landed at number 2 a lot (and they have!), there’s another band that have them beat… and it’s the Manic Street Preachers themselves.

Steps have five number 2 singles and three number 2 albums to date, whilst the Manics have four number 2 singles and five albums landing at number 2.

19. I fixed it for you. I'm calling it Steps getting the Numero Uno. I can feel it in me waters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.