Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 2977 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Don’t forget, Light Up the World charted at 31!
    More excitingly, looking at H’s Instagram, it looks like Lisa’s still in the country and they’re filming something today! Here’s hoping it’s The Slightest Touch video

(I actually think the drop in sales between Pt 1 vs Pt 2 would be more of a concern to the band…even if they had gone to number 1 they would probably have preferred 35k copies sold at #2 then 20k copies sold at #1)

2. Definitely - would love a PWL remix or two for the Anniversary (assuming the disastrous number 2 album doesn't finish off their career) or a Matt Pop mix or two - what he did for Say You'll Be Mine was revolutionary to me for a song I never really gelled with

actorandlyricist likes this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

That wasn’t only intended towards @Voicething to be fair...

LPT, OSHi, Starfury and 15 others like this.
  5. Yes, yes and yes!

6. Woo, people are tense today. The word "embargoed" is pretty clear and there have already been several posts explaining why people can't outright just say something this early in the day. Shame there needs to be any negativity around that at all.

I think we're pretty lucky to have anyone in here at all that can give us information earlier than we'd get it otherwise, and it's not that difficult to read between the lines of what was said.

Anyhooooo, on to the Greatest Hits then?

7. I don’t agree, but that’s just my opinion.

It’s like the people who bang on about their fave song from the new album in the week before it’s released.

Different strokes, eh?!

8. False alarm...H is watching Everybody's Talking About Jamie

MB, Disco Down, Bookwormboy and 2 others like this.
  9. Of course, we're all different. I don't mind hearing people's opinions on the tracks before release. It just makes me a bit more excited to hear them usually.

I guess stuff like that, and the hints about the chart position prior to the announcement, could be in spoiler tags, to avoid people getting annoyed if they don't want to see them.

10. Yes, maybe that’s a good idea.

It’s funny, I always swear off this place in the weeks before a Steps release, but I last about five minutes haha.

11. The fact they are in the running for #1 is just...insane and makes me so proud to be a fan! Though I agree that this album feels like bonus tracks/b-sides for about half of it, we are still so lucky as a fanbase that we got two albums in two years. It's very easy to make an ultimate album by deleting the duds because the highs on both projects are true highs.

Also, if anyone is interested, did a very honest review of the album on the podcast!

iveivan, Txetxu and actorandlyricist like this.
  12. Love how everyone is bumming the album when they think it could be #1.

Then when there's a hint that it hasn't got to #1 people slagging it off for being a collection of B-sides and demos and declaring they 'must do better next time'!

iveivan, Robert, roborovsky and 6 others like this.
  13. To be fair, people have been expressing both opinions since the album was released, it’s not a sudden switch.

14. I don't see anyone doing that exclusively since there was a hint it wouldn't be #1. There's people on both sides of the fence in here, but even those of us that don't particularly love this album still want to support them.

I actually posted a few times since release that the album wasn't doing it for me and there's a bunch of songs that just blend together, without anything to make them special. That was my opinion on release day and it's still my opinion now.

However, I've enjoyed some of the extra tracks we've ended up with, and I've loved the fact that it turned into a good old fashioned chart battle.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  15. Anyone want to buy 10 solo cover cds?

I'm kidding. I bought them as stated before I collect Steps and Blondie stuff. Hoarders are us.

I'll be like this goblin from the Labyrinth covered in Steps vinyl and mugs.

Junk.jpg

16. I’m super proud of them regardless. It’s insane that they still have such staying power. And I hope they can feel the outpouring of love that’s been there for them this week.

17. This is my favourite album they’ve ever put out! A Million Years is especially brilliant, I’ve had it on repeat for days now.

18. Elsewhere in the world they are fast climbing the worldwide album chart and are currently #52

https://kworb.net/aww/

19. H will be celebrating the albums success on the Steps Instagram page live at 8.30pm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.