Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 3005 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I get that Covid gummed up the works for "To The Beat of My Heart" (but how hard is it to record a chorus dance routine on location?) but there has to be something they aren't aren't telling us in regards to "The Slightest Touch" given how much hype has been put behind it.
    It'd be good to get a flat out answer because being forced to experience "the seeeeeeeeeeeeeeea" is a very bitter pill to swallow when there's an undeniable hit there going unused.

2. I don’t agree that either song is the best on either part, but it To The Beat Of My Heart is a shame as it was a single and should at least have had a dance routine in there somewhere.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  3. I don’t think To The Beat even needed a dance routine in the video, it just needed them to run through the lyrics to camera twice to be interspersed with the existing footage. That’s it.

But it is what it is. The biggest cringe moment of the whole thing was Lee’s bug-eye looks to the camera and the fact the lyric video had very few actual lyrics in it.

4. So Faye seems to be travelling somewhere and Lee posted about a business meeting (with a Steps logo posted) on their Instagrams.
    Something tour related do we think or something else?

5. I’m completely obsessed with To The One (Shortland Remix). The early noughties dance vibes are everything. It’s my favourite track on the album currently.

6. Today’s Steptember giveaway is a violin from the London Palladium performance of Scared Of The Dark.

JamieHT and JMRGBY like this.
  7. The remixes on the After Party Edition are really good and much better than the Night Out remixes.

The Slightest Touch (7th Heaven Extended Mix)
    To The One (Shortland Club Remix)
    Wasted Tears (Initial Talk Club Mix)
    A Hundred Years of Winter (Shortland Club Mix)
    Take Me For A Ride (Initial Talk Club Mix)
    To The Beat Of My Heart (Shortland Tropical Extended Mix)

All amazing!

8. [​IMG]

LPT, Stewart, poploz and 4 others like this.
  9. MB

MB

Definitely the most random day yet. Let's hope they finish with something good tomorrow.

10. Who would want that ?

11. A violinist who’s into Steps, probably. Instead it’ll go to someone who will pack it away and never use it.

12. Is it a joke? I can’t see anything on their socials? I’m not on facebook admittedly

13. Is it a real violin? Scream at me thinking those musicians were just miming along to the instrumental with props!

14. SBK

SBK

They look like they're gold. Would be cool if they were branded or something but, yeah its not like they're an iconic moment in pop history.

Chris Lala likes this.
  15. The Shortland Tropical Mix of To The Beat is phenomenal. Serving Girl era Dannii.

CLJC87, Daniel L, Knightr634 and 3 others like this.
  16. It's so good. I was initially put off by the "Tropical" name fearing a tropical house horror that would sound like something you would hear on Love Island, but it's actually more like a late 90s Metro remix. It's my go to version of the song now.

17. Have you got a link? I can’t see this comp on their socials

18. W2K

W2K

19. MB

MB

H’s Instagram story this evening has just posted what looks like some kind of stage set up. I hope it’s not the tour stage as it doesn’t look great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.