Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 3013 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Genuinely would be interested in taking a full refund if the Steps’ M&G ends up following a similar structure of JLS’.

Chips111, Kylemj, MB and 2 others like this.
  2. How would that even work? Don't meet and greets in bigger venues take place when the arena is already filling up?

3. They won't care they'll have the fans be there at 4.

blaze_dave, Jacques, MB and 1 other person like this.
  4. I remember getting out of my meet and greet with Steps the first time and the doors had just opened, but this time surely doors will be earlier because it’ll take longer to get everyone in?

Disco Tears and actorandlyricist like this.
  5. It'll be an insurance requirement, probably? Their insurers won't want to risk them catching COVID from a fan at an M&G.

actorandlyricist, blaze_dave and SBK like this.
  6. MB

MB

There are better ways to do a meet and greet in the current situation than how JLS have handled it. The united kingdolls did them where they were simple stood slightly behind the “audience member” not behind and up 2 meters. When I met Steps recently they were fine for me to be stood a meter in front and take a selfie. Let’s hope they do something similar and are a bit creative.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  7. Can't they put up some kind of partition?

unidan82 likes this.
  8. Doesn’t the COVID passports apply to gigs? I’m in Scotland so sorry if this isn’t a thing in either England or Ireland.

9. Apparently McFly’s meet and greet was from behind a table - that’s better than what JLS have planned!

actorandlyricist likes this.
  10. The way it's going it will end up like this

Attached Files:

11. I really hope Steps do not follow suit - even to be behind a big table, or a barrier/rope would be better.

Do we know if JLS are giving refunds or discounts for this? It’s hardly a Meet & Greet in that scenario, given that we got a better experience at a free signing?

Corso likes this.

12. The irony being that if they did something like this it would be a great photo op for a fan and something making the best out if a poor situation.

AlmostFamous likes this.
  13. I get why all the safety measures are in place but I just think meet and greets shouldn’t be offered in the current climate, just seems illogical.

unidan82 and VivaForever like this.
  14. Does anyone else think they will have a second mini stage? For example at the o2, the C2 section is sectioned off. I know that it can't be done for all venues such as Cardiff for example but possible at the bigger arenas that's the surprise. Faye did say on her insta live that they'd be reaching out and being closer to all as ever before..... Hmmmmmm

15. MB

MB

They have a catwalk with a small stage at the end but that’s always been planned. You can’t suddenly get rid of a block of seats that have been sold. Non of the other venues have a gap like the O2.

16. They could get another use out of those dirty pods from the Reunion tour!

AlmostFamous and Mvnl like this.
  17. This is my thinking too? Surely, they have to offer a refund given that this isn’t going to be the experience initially planned pre-covid?

18. Could this be for recording?

19. MB

MB

You'd think JLS' team would have planned for some kind of backlash? Surely they won't have wrote that email and thought 'yep, that sounds good to us' *send*.

poploz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.