Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion | Page 3071 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - What The Future Holds Pt. 2 + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I really love A Hundred Years of Winter as a song but as a single it falls flat for me and it was the only weak link in the setlist this time around. I think it's good they've branched out and been more versatile with Take Me For A Ride and A Hundred Years of Winter, but ultimately Steps are at their very best when they pump out the bittersweet bangers in my opinion.

poploz likes this.
  2. 7th Heaven remix of A Hundred Years Of Winter is out tomorrow for DJ’s who are subscribed to CD Pool's 'DANCE', 'REMIX' and 'DANCE HITS'

Won’t be available on iTunes & Spotify etc maybe be released commercially one day

Bookwormboy, andru and JMRGBY like this.
  3. This Slightest Touch erasure will not stand!

4. It will be interesting if they keep the 2hour show version for remaining dates

LPT, yewchapel, Bookwormboy and 10 others like this.
  5. Lee

Lee

Just in time to headline Mighty a hoopla on Sunday 4th.

Bookwormboy, MB and poploz like this.
  6. Part of me wonders if they are setting up all this again for 2 dates if they may try and add an extra date or two in some of the bigger cities.

7. Glad it looks like Sophie is there for the rescheduled dates

8. The only difference in treatment between Touch and Winter really is that the latter got a "proper" video and that doesn't mean much these days. Had they launched the campaign with it, it would probably have received more attention, but as single 2 or 3, I don't think anything could have become a hit. They may as well show some diversity in their releases. My friend who isn't a fan singled out Winter during the gig at The O2 and told me: "I like this one"; he may have been in the minority but there we go.

9. SBK

SBK

I mean it was barely a single, throwing together some remix single package was like a quick and easy solution to the tepid response Take Me For A Ride got.

In hindsight, The Slightest Touch should have been the lead single and Take Me For A Ride the follow-up and A Hundred Years of Winter a nice album track.

10. Did Take Me For A Ride really get a tepid response? It's brilliant.

Chris Lala and Hybridcookie like this.
  11. Steps when they were told A Hundred Years of Winter was single worthy

[​IMG]

12. MB

MB

13. So the new Cardiff date falls the day before I see the ABBA holograms in London, what a camp couple of days!

14. MB

MB

Or Friday 3rd.

Lee likes this.
  15. I'm hoping that they may throw another date on now and I might try and save my moola and head over for a cheeky week from Oz.

POPGASM likes this.
  16. SBK

SBK

Well The Slightest Touch outsold it within a couple of weeks, even with the head-start it had.

17. Does it seem out of the realm to think they'll do the full show again for the postponed dates so many months again after the tour?

18. MB

MB

I expect it'll be the "Summer show" which will be basically the same show with a song change or two. Basic staging as well, realistically they're not going to keep the set in storage for 6 months for the sake of 2 shows.

19. W2K

W2K

The stage and costumes will go into storage, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t do the full show.

20. Yeah I think it'll be the full show with some minor setlist changes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.