Steps

Re: Steps Reunion Stuff

I still don't know if I can go to the tour, having to grovel to your dad to borrow money for the tickets when you are 32 is pretty embarassing but I am prepared to do it!

He/him

The performance was vocally fantastic. Definitely one of their very best live vocals. The chorus sounded excellent, Claire was brilliant as always and H pulled back a bit of a pitchy start. The middle 8 ("Summer is over.....) sounded really really strong.

They didn't put much conviction into the dancing, but they're obviously really working hard on their vocals at the moment.

Oh, but I'm mighty pissed off at the price of the tickets. The whole of the 3 blocks in front of the stage in Glasgow are £100 a ticket (these blocks go pretty much halfway to the back of the arena, so it's not as if we're talking about front row here). That's more than Lady Gaga was for christ's sake. I can pay £35 if I don't mind being stuck away at the far side of the stage though, with a side on view of everything. Rubbish.

Dr popBrit said:
I forgot to record Daybreak. D'oh!

ITV-1 +1

paulandcolin said:
The performance was vocally fantastic. Definitely one of their very best live vocals. The chorus sounded excellent, Claire was brilliant as always and H pulled back a bit of a pitchy start. The middle 8 ("Summer is over.....) sounded really really strong.

They didn't put much conviction into the dancing, but they're obviously really working hard on their vocals at the moment.

Really? I thought the dancing was alot slicker, certainly better then what they did on This Morning.

He/him

Oh, it definitely was better than This Morning. But I'm pleased they're making a real effort with the live vocals, as it's paying off. They sounded fab.

I managed to get tickets for Cardiff just before the presale ended on Ticketmaster.

They were amazing on Lorraine, 800 behind I so want them to have the number one on Sunday it would be the icing on the cake to put it.Though I do wonder if they'll wear headsets on tour for a majority of the songs, the dancing as good as it was on Lorraine it's very restricted with the mic stands then again there isn't much space to move around much.

The k was a mistake, I've been up since 5am just waiting to buy tickets so I'm little overexcited at the moment. .

He/him

I think they're going to use microphones and stands and let the backing dancers do the majority of the dancing to be honest. If they start doing the full routines the vocals are going to be really compromised.

S

SockMonkey

SophiaSophia said:
They were amazing on Lorraine, 800k behind I so want them to have the number one on Sunday it would be the icing on the cake to put it.

Yeah, don't think they're going to sell 800,000 copies by the end of tomorrow...!

But then the studios of This Morning and Lorraine are incredibly small. On tour they're gonna have loads of room. I'm sure we'll see lots of camp Steps antics on tour

SockMonkey said:
SophiaSophia said:
They were amazing on Lorraine, 800k behind I so want them to have the number one on Sunday it would be the icing on the cake to put it.

Yeah, don't think they're going to sell 800,000 copies by the end of tomorrow...!

Yeh I saw that and laughed - 800 copies behind. I wonder if they are going by yesterday's midweek or if they know todays already?

He/him

I really hope that was from yesterdays because I think today could be much closer. With Wednesday's episode airing, and a lot of folk getting their download link from Ticketmaster, I think they could have really pulled back some sales.

Dazzle said:
That stylist was an absolute idiot. I'd have refused to let him syle me the moment I laid eyes on that hair of his.

Bumped in to the stylist last night on oxford circus, he looks more of a twat in person, like he'd been wrapped up in sails. Mouthy bugger too!

Got my tickets, about ten rows back or so in Liverpool so not bad really.

I kept getting offered front row centre seats, even as recently as 20 minutes ago, but there's no way I'd ever pay £100 for Steps.

Roll on April, though. Now to plan the colour-coordinated outfits...

paulandcolin said:
I really hope that was from yesterdays because I think today could be much closer. With Wednesday's episode airing, and a lot of folk getting their download link from Ticketmaster, I think they could have really pulled back some sales.
I'm sure after their performance on Live & Kicking and CD:UK they'll be number 1 as all the kids will go shopping with mummy and daddy on Saturday afternoon and ask them to buy it for them.

I miss the 90s.

STEPS ARE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4,000 ahead of Adele - 1,700 ahead of Evanescence

This means if Steps are indeed #1 on Sunday, then I think they'll be the first British Boy/Girl group to get #1 albums in 3 consecutive decades.

It also means they would have beaten Take That, Spice Girls and Boyzone who failed to reach #1 with their post-reunion Greatest Hits albums