Steps

The album is going to be £4.99 in store at HMV tomorrow as well (below Gary Barlow at £14.99 in mine).

I do wonder if they're going to keep pushing to secure #2, it would be a shame to come this far and be beaten by Ball & Boe. The only thing I can think of left to do beyond a completely new format is signed tapes (easy win) or maybe a "buy the album to win a Zoom call/tour tickets/meet and greet" competition?

Signed CD sales seem to be slowing up - they made 1000 available on Sunday and there's 387 left, but then I'm sure most people have one by now.

She/Her
The album is going to be £4.99 in store at HMV tomorrow as well (below Gary Barlow at £14.99 in mine).

I do wonder if they're going to keep pushing to secure #2, it would be a shame to come this far and be beaten by Ball & Boe. The only thing I can think of left to do beyond a completely new format is signed tapes (easy win) or maybe a "buy the album to win a Zoom call/tour tickets/meet and greet" competition?

Signed CD sales seem to be slowing up - they made 1000 available on Sunday and there's 387 left, but then I'm sure most people have one by now.

I might pop in and buy a copy tomorrow. By the end of this week, unsigned CDs are probably gonna end up being rarer than the signed copies dd.

Mvnl

Staff member
Well, I’ve finally done it. I’ve listened to the album so many times that every single track has clicked for me. This is now a What The Future Holds stan account.

I envy you and hope to get there in time (I might have rosetinted glasses when it comes to instantly loving previous ones). The hardest one will be Leave Us Halfway. It feels like such a watered down Spaces Between Us meets Neon Blue that I doubt I'll ever be there for it.
I miss the days where I even adored Words Of Wisdom because it was 'NEW STEPS' to me

I’m in love with To The One now. But at first, I wasn’t sure. Although it’s got a normal pop song structure, there’s something jarring about the intro. It starts in a minor key, then as soon as the verse starts it suddenly shifts to a major. Very Pet Shop Boys. Now I’ve got use to it, it’s in my top 3 off the album but it has a very odd chord structure on the first few listens.
It was instant for me ... pure euphoria and I love the “uppy and downiness “ of it (chord changes? ) , so the odd chord structure must appeal to me. It’s by far the best song on the album. Hoping the rest of it grows on me more, as I’m struggling with it, sadly.

D

Deleted member 2432

Wow I’ve just read some of the comments about Steps from way back in 2006 when this thread started. A lot of vile comments, bordering homophobia, coming through when H publicly came out in particular. Anyway, I’m reminded of how far the group and us fans have come in that time. There’s been some bumps in the road for sure, but look where we are now. Several tours deep, a greatest hits and 3 studio albums. Crazy but brilliant stuff.

To the naysayers in 2006 - suck it.

D

Deleted member 26095

Re this leaked version of To The Beat Of My Heart. It’s not an official version of the track, the one we’ve got on the album is. To me it sounds like someone had all the separate stems for the track, including takes that weren’t used and then bounced them altogether.

He/him
I don't get why Gary is number 1 when Steps have been on top of the iTunes chart all week (well, mostly).

Is Gary Barlow so succesful these days? And where do the charts info come from? Is it official?

Just wondering...
Yes the midweek numbers are official. They're released daily every week.

iTunes album sales are really low, so Steps beating him there wouldn't have done much. Gary's selling well in physical formats and will definitely be picking up more casual supermarket sales. He also had primetime promo slots, while Steps have had no performances for promo.

There's no doubt that he's still successful - his last solo album opened with over 100k. We said from day 1 they probably wouldn't beat him, but they're doing well regardless. With any luck they'll close the gap a little, but it'll probably be a bit too late.

Yes the midweek numbers are official. They're released daily every week.

iTunes album sales are really low, so Steps beating him there wouldn't have done much. Gary's selling well in physical formats and will definitely be picking up more casual supermarket sales. He also had primetime promo slots, while Steps have had no performances for promo.

There's no doubt that he's still successful - his last solo album opened with over 100k. We said from day 1 they probably wouldn't beat him, but they're doing well regardless. With any luck they'll close the gap a little, but it'll probably be a bit too late.

Hopefully they do. I’m intrigued to see if there is a last push today of stuff on their store today, but not really expecting it honestly. They’ve done so much already!

She/Her
Re this leaked version of To The Beat Of My Heart. It’s not an official version of the track, the one we’ve got on the album is. To me it sounds like someone had all the separate stems for the track, including takes that weren’t used and then bounced them altogether.

It was definitely the official version at some point. It wasn’t cobbled together by a fan.