Steps

Manics beat them by 1.9K which I guess is better than 100. No idea where that extra 2K came from though!

The Manics did a ridiculous amount of bundles on Wednesday/Thursday. Signed prints, Polaroids, t-shirts, all sorts. I think the Steps vinyls and first batch of downloads counted on Thursday’s update which helped them catch up, but then Steps didn’t really have anything else to offer beyond a price reduction and 57 emails telling us to download our purchases on Thursday.

In any case, a fine result and very relieving that it’s 1900 copies rather than 19 between them!

To be honest, it’s a win for everyone involved, from the band to the fans, that such a classic act like Steps is still churning out music that is very much loved and celebrated everywhere. A top 5, let alone #2 album 24 years into the game incl. also however many years of absence, is incredible.

Plus they’re also going on tours that are selling very well too?

I am personally just grateful for the brilliant music.

He/him
Sadly rather predictable that Steps will congratulate the Manics on getting the number one but the Manics in their official statement about it don’t mention anything about the chart battle or Steps. Sums it up for me really about the types of people and groups we are dealing with here.

All hail Steps!
Well, they at least recognised the chart battle. They said in the OCC interview, "It was a titanic chart battle and we are absolutely over the moon."

D

Deleted member 31207

Sadly rather predictable that Steps will congratulate the Manics on getting the number one but the Manics in their official statement about it don’t mention anything about the chart battle or Steps. Sums it up for me really about the types of people and groups we are dealing with here.

All hail Steps!

This what annoys me about the music business. It’s getting better but on the whole they don’t get the respect they deserve and are still treated as a joke and the music industry would rather they didn’t exist still too this day!

On another note it just dawned on me how lucky we are to have someone with a belter of a voice like Claire in Steps considering Steps where only meant to only formed for the line dancing 5678 and Claire doesn’t really belt out anything on 5678 so I love by fate we got a vocalist like her.