Steps

D

Deleted member 2432

I’ve only ever been to Steps meet and greets so I have nothing else to compare them to. What makes Event Travel poor compared to other companies? This isn’t meant to be shady to anyone, I’m just genuinely interested

I’ve only ever been to Steps meet and greets so I have nothing else to compare them to. What makes Event Travel poor compared to other companies? This isn’t meant to be shady to anyone, I’m just genuinely interested

I don't have a huge amount of other experience but have done meet and greets on 3 steps tours.

The Ultimate tour was probably the best of the 3 which I don't believe was run by event travel though i could be wrong.

The main difference with that tour was that there were only around 20 guests for the meet and greet so we got more time to chat etc. And the pictures were much better!

The main issue on the last tour was, ultimately, that Event Travel didn’t stick to the advertised packages nor made a consistent approach under the COVID restrictions.

Naturally, given the pandemic, fans were aware that things were needing to be changed. Event Travel wouldn’t even offer refunds for those who actively wanted to just cancel the package prior to the meet and greet.

he/him
The main issue on the last tour was, ultimately, that Event Travel didn’t stick to the advertised packages nor made a consistent approach under the COVID restrictions.

Naturally, given the pandemic, fans were aware that things were needing to be changed. Event Travel wouldn’t even offer refunds for those who actively wanted to just cancel the package prior to the meet and greet.
Plus, they didn't even have a consistent photographer, it was just whoever they found in each city. They didn't think of how to light the pictures properly so some people got really bad photos.

My only plus with Event Travel was that they accidentally refunded my second meet and greet after the event so I got it for free but the pictures I ended up with were not good.

D

Deleted member 2432

I don't have a huge amount of other experience but have done meet and greets on 3 steps tours.

The Ultimate tour was probably the best of the 3 which I don't believe was run by event travel though i could be wrong.

The main difference with that tour was that there were only around 20 guests for the meet and greet so we got more time to chat etc. And the pictures were much better!
Ah I see. That’s fair enough. I wasn’t aware of how any other meet and greets ran!

I was quite happy with both of my experiences on this tour, considering the circumstances and Queen Steph was actually quite pleasant to me. I guess my standards are just lower!

I have only had 2 x Meet and Greets, one with the legendary Britney Spears (ran by Event Travel) and with All Saints (ran by gigsandtours).

Event Travel were good for the Britney one but that was yonks ago.

The All Saints one was probably my favourite, you got a chance to speak to the girls before the photo and all were so lovely.

Currently listening to Step One in full for the first time. I was about to fall asleep until Better Best Forgotten popped up.

What a gem Love You More is on this album, even if it’s a cover. I get the excitement one had when they learnt it was part of the Party Tour’s setlist.

He/him
What a gem Love You More is on this album, even if it’s a cover. I get the excitement one had when they learnt it was part of the Party Tour’s setlist.
Not only that, but Steve's new mix of it elevates it to the point that it could have been a single from Tears, rather than a 20 year old album track. It's a crime (or a Tragedy) that we never got the full studio version of that.

My main speculations although could be anything:
Complete music videos.
Steps the video. (Original VHS)
Step One or Step Into Christmas Tour footage
Dance Steps tutorial
Video commentaries
Proper videos for To The Beat Of My Heart/ The Slightest Touch

However just like the whole Track 11 thing on Part 2. I just think that Steps still offering us teasers and suprises is really awesome. Since 2011 they have been WERKing! I'm lapping up every moment.

The only thing I want this year (and every year) is new music. Even if it's an EP of a few new songs every year.